cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-570 pro wifi ethernet driver

JAM7755
Level 7
Hi,
I recently bought a new motherboard for my Linux and Windows dual boot system and am having issues with the ethernet port on this motherboard. The issue only lies on the Windows side of things. In Linux it works fine and I can surf with no issues at all which leads me to believe this is not a motherboard issue. Currently there is no driver installed on the Windows side. This is because I ran the driver setup on CD/DVD that came with the motherboard with the end result being no driver getting installed. I don't know why. I re-ran it and rebooted the machine multiple times to no avail.

I went to the ASUS web site, updated the BIOS drivers and downloaded the ethernet driver from there. When I run the setup file the wheel spins for a short while then stops and again there is no driver installed. I looked for other posts here regarding this issue with this motherboard but did not find one. If there is a thread out there with a solution would someone point me to it? I am just looking to get the driver and install it at this point. ASUS, what is the reason this has not been resolved with a working driver setup utility?
4 REPLIES 4

Murph_9000
Level 14
Is this the TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) with an Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V? Windows 10 or 11, and you should probably state the exact version (e.g. Win+R, winver; and something like "Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.978)")?

You could try the latest from Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V: Downloads. Intel suggest using drivers from the manufacturer, but the generic drivers from Intel should normally work ok (assuming ASUS have not customized the NIC significantly on that board).

Murph_9000 wrote:
Is this the TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) with an Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V? Windows 10 or 11, and you should probably state the exact version (e.g. Win+R, winver; and something like "Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.978)")?

You could try the latest from Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V: Downloads. Intel suggest using drivers from the manufacturer, but the generic drivers from Intel should normally work ok (assuming ASUS have not customized the NIC significantly on that board).

Sorry about that. Yes this is the TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) and I am running Windows 10 Pro. I will download the driver and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion. Will let you know what happens.

Murph_9000 wrote:

I downloaded the drivers from Intel and ran the setup application. I get a message stating "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer. No drivers were installed." To be sure, I started Linux back up and confirmed that the NIC is an Intel "I225-V".

Have you checked the Windows Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), to see what it has to say? The NT kernel can sometimes disable a misbehaving device, and it shows up and can be re-enabled there. If there's nothing showing up there, the next thing I'd try is a clean and simple install of Windows on another drive, to eliminate something odd about the install or a problem with the dual boot setup. Possibly also save your BIOS config and try it with "load optimised defaults" and only the absolute minimum of BIOS config (e.g. enabling UEFI / disabling CSM, and enabling TPM; leave any nice to have stuff like XMP and tuning on defaults until you figure out what's going on).