Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I decided to not try overclocking anything and just install windows.
    When i do this, windows installs successfully however when i try boot windows i get a memory code 0D on the LED its 0d.
    I have the i dont have the hero actually its the crosshair extreme i have. the memory on stock is clocked to 3600Mhz and then the CPU is clocked to 4500Mhz.
    Default bios results in the 0D status code and if i reboot it it goes straight into 0D without even trying to boot windows, I have to clear cmos and then it returns to the 15 memory test and after it completes i can enter bios again and then if i try load windows i brick the bios. which requires me to reset everything with the clear cmos button or reflash it.

ROG Member Array

Update I managed to get it to boot and post and was able to stresstest in windows using the xmp profile on 6000Mhz, not sure why it worked now it seems i reflashed the bios again and it worked.

However I cannot use all 4 sticks of memory. I tried using 4 and it successfully booted and i got into windows. I even ran prime95 and nothing crashed. When I rebooted and hit bios i got greeted with the 0D error code again. Not sure why but it seems that this motherboard's bios is incompatible with 4 x 32GB ram regardless of the clock speed.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

POST time will depend on the memory configuration and UEFI settings. To stop the system from training on a warm boot, enable Context Restore in the DRAM settings menu.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    POST time will depend on the memory configuration and UEFI settings. To stop the system from training on a warm boot, enable Context Restore in the DRAM settings menu.
    Thanks for the tip. What are the disadvantages of doing this, i.e. why would it be disabled by default?

ROG Member Array

That helped! We're now down to 20 seconds. Approaching a normal POST time, but still slow.

I've recorded a horrible quality video of the numbers displayed during that time. Do you have any tips for settings to change to bring it down even further? Looks like code 42 is the worst offender now, but it does not exist in the table included in the manual, so I don't know what it is.

Currently, all settings are at the default, except:
    - DOCP 2 profile enabled
    - Context Restore enabled

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak8Edl87nfqKhjBP...iaMTe?e=hB8ngi
    Last edited by zeblote; 10-14-2022 at 07:59 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Thank you that helped. Unrelated to this thread now but any idea why I cant use all 4 sticks of memory? I found some random small youtuber who had the exact same issue as me, https://youtu.be/sV8OtUz089o?t=1209 however he did what I did and avoided the problem by removing 2 sticks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TroyDota View Post
    Thank you that helped. Unrelated to this thread now but any idea why I cant use all 4 sticks of memory? I found some random small youtuber who had the exact same issue as me, https://youtu.be/sV8OtUz089o?t=1209 however he did what I did and avoided the problem by removing 2 sticks.
    I wonder if there's a reason why not a single vendor is selling 128GB DDR5 kits? I was also interested in upgrading to 128GB, and found no evidence of anyone getting it work correctly at the proper speed.

ROG Member Array eric.sahlstrom PC Specs
    eric.sahlstrom PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING
    ProcessorRyzen 9 7950X
    Memory (part number)Vengeance DDR5 32gb
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 3060 RTX 12 Gb
    Monitor32" Samsung
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2tb
    Storage #2Samsung 980 1tb
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casegeneric
    Power SupplyCorsair 650
    Keyboard basic
    Mouse Asus
    Headset none
    Mouse Pad black
    Headset/Speakers basic
    OS Windows 11
    Network RouterAsus AX

I have the same processor and similar motherboard, I originally had the Aorus x670 Elite, thought it was defective and sent it back and upgraded to something more familiar: Asus ROG Strix x670E-E GAMING. I experienced Windows BSOD's on BOTH motherboards, and wasn't until I sat and watched what it was doing in Windows 11 ala absolutely NOT clicking anything or even moving the mouse that I discovered that the system would be stable for up to 2 minutes before going to a BSOD. If you clicked ANY icon, GAME OVER and it would BSOD. This was with any combination of memory (I have 2x16 Vengeance DDR5..32gb) in any slot. I tested the memory in Memtest and it came back fine.

So I returned the CPU and got a new one. Problem fixed!! I still have a approximately 1 minute POST time... initially I thought I had whittled it down to 30 seconds by ironically turning OFF Fast Boot, but it looks like that was just one boot sequence. It still seems like the system is thoroughly testing memory on every single POST startup / reboot sequence.

Hoping Asus and other motherboard manufacturers can get the bios sorted out quickly to solve this! In the meantime if you are getting ANY BSOD's in Win 11, I would consider that there are some BAD 7950x's out there!

Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2