Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty policy (ROG Falchion)

theinvoker
Level 8
I have 2 separate questions

FIRST
warranty policy says:
The warranty only covers failures or malfunctions occurred in normal use conditions during the warranty period, as well as for any material or workmanship defect. The warranty will not apply if:

Damage caused to this Product(s) by you or any non-authorized third party.
the serial number has been altered, cancelled or removed;
the damage is caused by accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, or the abnormal use conditions;
the damage is caused by an external electrical fault or any accident;
the damage from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User's Manual;
the damage is caused from the using of parts not manufactured or sold by ASUSTeK.
damage is caused from third party software or from virus(es);
the software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement.

So there is nothing about "invalidating warranty". i assume that if i change switches i can't use warranty but how about aesthetic changes? what if i want to paint the grey plate in black or if i want to stick something to the keyboard?

SECOND
A keycaps stem is broken: of course didn't do anything to broke ie, it's just poor material. I admit that replacing the entire keyboard would be too much, i'm just asking for a new keycap. Is it possible? it's not even a button i use so much (left arrow)
To me this is a meterial defect as mentioned in warranty policy
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
Generally, you want any modifications to be reversible for warranty purposes. Then remove the mods before sending it in. This is for several reasons: First, if you invest in a mod and ASUS needs to exchange your unit you don't lose that investment. Second, if you mod a product and something later goes wrong you don't want to have to argue whether your changes had any involvement.

So I would avoid irreversible modifications if you want to ensure your warranty can always be honored.

Regarding keycaps, to my knowledge ASUS does not offer replacement caps. So you would need to send the whole board in for RMA in order to get it replaced. BUT, I do not work for ASUS, so if you want an official answer you should phone technical support.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…