cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Laptop - G752VL - DH71 : Cannot find the correct sound driver

JBunderson
Level 7
Hello,

I just installed an SSD on my old ROG G752VL - DH71 laptop and for some reason, I cannot figure out what driver to use for the internal speakers. I must have tried several dozen different drivers posted on this forum for the G752, but not one of them worked. Right now, I can only get sound out through my headphones. ASUS update also fails to work because my sound driver is out of date.

Could somebody link me to the driver for the internal speakers on this model? I'm running Windows 10, Home edition, 64-bit OS with the default processor (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz).

Also - I used to have Sonic Studio on this laptop to help with running the speakers. It never worked very well, and would often interfere with headphones when I used them, sometimes forcing a restart to get the sound back on the internal speakers. Now that I don't have access to Sonic Studio anymore, is there another app that works well with the driver for this laptop?

Thank you all for the help. I really appreciate it!
2 REPLIES 2

Murph_9000
Level 14
Have you tried the official driver download?

https://www.asus.com/SupportOnly/G752VL/HelpDesk_Download/

It's an old driver, but should be a good place to start. If it works, you can do some detective work to see if there's anything newer out there (e.g. check Windows Update after installing it).

Murph_9000 wrote:
Have you tried the official driver download?

https://www.asus.com/SupportOnly/G752VL/HelpDesk_Download/

It's an old driver, but should be a good place to start. If it works, you can do some detective work to see if there's anything newer out there (e.g. check Windows Update after installing it).

I have, yes! That's the one I have installed now. I have noticed that the driver it installs is listed under 'Sound' in the device manager while the 'Speakers' and 'Digital Output' devices listed under the 'Audio' heading aren't affected (my computer tells me that no driver files are required for these devices). Is this normal?