cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Ryzen 7000 iGPU over x670e Motherboard

LainX84
Level 8
I am using a Ryzen 9 7950x on a ROG Crosshair x670e Hero mainboard with BIOS 0611. After installing the operating system (Windows 11 Pro) I noticed that in addition to my video card (ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Advanced) an AMD integrated VGA that is present in the processor is also detected.

I have wandered far and wide in the BIOS but have found no way the way to disable it so as to free up the memory shared with the system RAM as well.
Do you have any ideas on how to act ?
18 REPLIES 18

Hivemind
Level 8
Indeed i got the same question.. what i noticed i Got the x670E Hero Board that came with Bios 401 and with that bios i didn't got the Onboard iGPU enabled like it should.. but after i flashed 611 Bios i also have this Darn iGPU and i would also very much like to know how to Disable it.. can't find any setting in the bios . and when searching online i could only find that it should be in the AMD CBS -> NBIO Common options -> GFX configuration then Integrated graphics controller .. but that setting is not present with our bios..
So don't know if it should be disabled automatically when detecting a PCIE graphics card or not .. for now i got the feeling it is a Bios bug .. or i am also missing a setting .. i hope someone can indeed point us out what to do.

Soupladel
Level 10
I bit the bullet and was able to upgrade to the latest beta version of the BIOS and as far as i can tell, there is still no option to disable the igpu

huppra
Level 7
I wonder if this why I'm getting some weird performance issues with my 3090 FE.

huppra wrote:
I wonder if this why I'm getting some weird performance issues with my 3090 FE.

what sort of performance issues are you seeing?

huppra
Level 7
Soupladel wrote:
what sort of performance issues are you seeing?

If I'm playing any game on the primary monitor I will see stuttering, pausing or video completely stopping on the second monitor. My primary GPU is a Nvidia 3090 FE; for media playback I've used Firefox, Edge and VLC.

System: 7950x, x670e Hero, 2x16 Corsair Dominator Pro @ 6200, 3090 FE, Ax1600i, EK AIO.
Bios: 0703

huppra wrote:
If I'm playing any game on the primary monitor I will see stuttering, pausing or video completely stopping on the second monitor. My primary GPU is a Nvidia 3090 FE; for media playback I've used Firefox, Edge and VLC.

System: 7950x, x670e Hero, 2x16 Corsair Dominator Pro @ 6200, 3090 FE, Ax1600i, EK AIO.
Bios: 0703

I don't know if this is something you have done, but i am having similar issues when my system isnt crashing and i have read elsewhere that installing the drivers for the radeon igpu might be a possibly culprit.

Soupladel wrote:
I don't know if this is something you have done, but i am having similar issues when my system isnt crashing and i have read elsewhere that installing the drivers for the radeon igpu might be a possibly culprit.

I've tried with and without the AMD iGPU drivers; I have the exact same experience.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Don't have a platform here to test, but you can remove the driver and simply disable in from Device Manager, see if this circumvents the crashing or micro stuttering.

Be sure to adequately test memory stability with tools such as Ramtest, too.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Don't have a platform here to test, but you can remove the driver and simply disable in from Device Manager, see if this circumvents the crashing or micro stuttering.

Be sure to adequately test memory stability with tools such as Ramtest, too.

this does nothing to improve performance.