cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Version 5.3.4.0 - what are this updates?

hralch
Level 7
Hi everyone,

AC v5.3.4.0 has been pushing updates too frequently and I am concerned about them.

Does somebody knows where to find information about these updates so we can decide whether we feel lucky or not?

4 REPLIES 4

pndiode
Level 11
The AURA SDK is a set of software libraries that can be used to control LED’s of ASUS AURA series devices, such as keyboards, mice, mother boards, and more (more what?). Might work similar to those SDKs you listed.

https://www.asus.com/microsite/aurareadydevportal/index.html

Having had problems with a couple or past AC update, I agree that the frequency of updates is disturbing. On the other hand, the Devs can't fix issues without updates -- so it's a double-edged sword.

All that said... I have personally not had any problems with the recent updates.

• I got the SDK 2.00.16 (motherboard, fanxp, flare-2, ryujiin-2) on 9/29 and it installed without issue.
  • I got the Graphics Card Identifier 0.0.5.0 on 9/30, and it also installed without issue.
  • I got the AC 5.3.4.0 UWP app update on 9/28, and it has been working fine, other than a couple odd "Notifications" in Windows.
  • I got the HAL 1.1.50.0 update on 9/26, also no issues.

Of course, a lot depends on what specific hardware you have. Just because I had no problems, doesn't mean someone with different devices won't. I recommend creating a restore point before each update, just in case!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

thank you @pndiode and @rogscott for your repliles.

does somebody know if asus publish release notes about these updates and where to find them? and I have an EVGA RTX3080, so why asus is giving me graphics updates? is it for my intel 12700K?

thank you in advance,

hralch@gmail.com wrote:
if asus publish release notes about these updates and where to find them? and I have an EVGA RTX3080, so why asus is giving me graphics updates? is it for my intel 12700K?

Have not seen any release notes for these updates. Asus doesn't seem to release much detail on any releases, even bios (very small release notes).

Like you, I have a non-Asus video card (EVGA RTX3080) and still got the update. I can only guess why we get it; it may only be there to determine if ASUS gpu is installed for RGB/fan control, or could have broader functions such as pulling temps/etc from multiple GPU brands. All I can say is it did not cause any problem for my EVGA RTX3090 FTW3.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3