cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Z590-v BIOS

Sk1lld
Level 7
I hope this is a simple fix.

I have an ASUS Prime Z590-v MB. I have an issue were if I enable XMP I get random WHEA errors with very random momentary black screens. If I disable XMP the issue goes away. The MB BIOS is 0811, a very early/first one. My memory G Skill Trident Z RGB is on the supported list. The BIOS only gives me one XMP profile to choose from which I find strange.

Will updating the BIOS help? none of the BIOS' files give an explanation of what they fix exactly. The BIOS number for this board is up to 16XX now.

Any recommendations on which BIOS to use?

MB Asus Prime Z590-v
CPU i7 11700k
GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080 gaming OC 10GB
Memory G Skill Trident Z RGB
SSD 1TB NVME
Cooler Thermaltake TH240 ARGB Sync
USB Creative G6 Sound
PSU EVGA 750GT Gold

Thank You.
Sk1lld
3 REPLIES 3

Sk1lld
Level 7
In case anyone is interested upgrading the BIOS to 1601 did indeed fix this issue.

Sk1lld wrote:
In case anyone is interested upgrading the BIOS to 1601 did indeed fix this issue.

I am interested and thats actually the first thing I wanted to ask after reading your first post - like why do you keep your machine running on such an old prehistoric BIOS version? Glad to hear it is working well now.

kubr0 wrote:
I am interested and thats actually the first thing I wanted to ask after reading your first post - like why do you keep your machine running on such an old prehistoric BIOS version? Glad to hear it is working well now.

I was a little worried I might brick my system, ASUS's directions to updating the BIOS was IMHO a little cryptic.

But I went ahead anyways, and all is well.