cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FA507RR Battery Drain?

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Sooo, recently had to RMA my 2022 A15 for a terrible screen, got it back and when plugging in the power it randomly says it was done incorrectly and to try again. I raised the issue with the service centre and basically got "start another RMA". It stopped happening after a day or so, I was careful and checked the ports, aside it feeling a little different it worked fine, no heat no issues.

Now a month later my battery drains when fully shut down with no fast boot and nothing plugged in to the machine. The laptop is getting another RMA today because the battery says it's fine, but this is losing 15% in 12hours. Everything is updated, nothing has changed just the battery is dying for no reason. Obviously, this is worrying because I cannot check what is draining the battery and I really do not want it to become unstable and a fire hazard.

Sharing my experience and asking if anyone else has had any similar issues?
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Update:

RMA has happened and the laptop has returned. I'm UK based and ASUS use a very poor company called LetMeRepair, pretty sure they damaged the laptop and had to fix it. All inquiry to what the issue was has been ignored flatly by the company. Did a little digging on said company in Glasgow and they have around a 2.5 out of 5 star rating on 3 separate platforms. Honestly, that's not great considering the calibre of machine ASUS send their way. I have raised my concerns to ASUS so we can see what happens.

There now appears to be a power port intermittent fault, and my PSU brick came back scratch up. All in all, not impressed with the quality of RMA service but if you need warranty work doing that is the risk you take in the UK it seems. if i ever find out what the fault was, I will update this again for others to have an idea.

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Update:

One of the mods here checked out what was on my maintenance sheet for the last RMA and they didn't write anything, it is looking like my suspicion of them damaging something seems more on point. Hardly going to write "oh I was careless and in turn caused a second RMA" on the sheet. As for the plug-in warning, same chap is asking a technician what they think about it and getting back to me.