Threaded View

ROG Member Array

ROG Strix X670E-E wired network problem on Win11 (driver issue?)

I just put together a new Windows 11 system based on the Rog Strix X670E-E Gaming motherboard. I have been troubleshooting a wired network problem this week. In short, the Intel Ethernet i225-V (rev3) drivers (1.0.2.14 and 1.1.3.28) do not work well on transmit/upload traffic across the Internet for me (weirdly, internal home network file transfers work fine).

I've tested the same physical cabling with multiple other systems and they work fine (Windows 11 also but different wired NICs).

Running the same network speed and copy tests when booted from a Ubuntu live USB shows no problems.

During the Win11 build I didn't notice a problem as I was mostly just downloading apps/drivers. When I started gaming (MSFS/PUBG/DCS) and transferring files up to Google Drive I noticed the network on transmit would fall off to almost nothing. This was confirmed with speed test runs as well.

At least the WiFi connectivity works great, but I have a wired connection and I want to be able to use it.

My next step is try to flip through more Intel I225-V Win11 drivers in search of a fix. Anyone run into something similar on these Intel I225-V NICs?