Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting Issue

Eli0014f
Level 7
Hello everyone,*

I recently build a pc with the following specs:

**Mobo: Asus Strix Z-590A WIFI
CPU: Intel i7 11700K (with integrated graphics)
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb(2x 16Gb) DDR4 3200*
SSD: Samsung 980 pro M.2 2280*
PSU: Lian li 750w
GPU: Zotac Rtx 3070ti Trinity*

I installed windows 11 and updated the BIOS to the latest version. When I start the pc, it doesn’t boot into windows if the display port is connected to the GPU, it turns on but windows never loads and the monitor stays idle. The pc boots normally into windows only if I turn off the pc and connect the display port to the motherboard and turn the pc back on. If the pc remains on and if I disconnect the display port from the motherboard and connect it into the GPU, it works fine. If I restart the pc with the cable still connected to the GPU, the pc doesn’t boot into windows and the problem remains. I tried connecting the GPU to a different PCI-e slot and that didn’t help. Any thoughts?

Please help ✌️*
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Are you certain it is not actually booting into Windows or is it possible you just cannot see it? I would try an HDMI cable to see if that makes a difference.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

The HDMI cable works fine if it is connected alone through the GPU. However, if I have both an HDMI cable connected to one monitor and the Display port to a different monitor, and both cables are connected to the GPU, then it doesn't boot. I'm trying to figure out if this problem is being caused by the display port cable, the GPU (its DP ports), or the motherboard. I think the problem is not with the display port cable because the pc boots when the display port cable is connected to the motherboard but I could be wrong.

DarvinAtkeson
Level 7
I think have seen this issue, but most typically from a cold boot (Power Supply turned off or Unplugged). The system actually boots into Windows but doesn't turn the displays on. That is, they come on, but then they go off as if there is no signal but my Q-Code indicates A0 and I can actually log into Windows and can even soft boot the system which seems to solve the problem till I do a cold boot. I am seeing this problem on the 1402 BIOS.

If you have the Q-Code display on the motherboard, what is the last code displayed?
What is your current firmware version?
Do you have any USB drives attached to the system?