Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    191
    Posts
    696

    Quote Originally Posted by iimma View Post
    Hey, so, how is it going with the new bios? is there any good news about it? or is just not worth to install it?
    In my opinion. If your system are running fine with the bios version currently in the system, not to touch it. A new version may improve or solved previous version bios issue resulting hardware issue with component whereas that issue not appear in your system, try not. New bios upgrade will not/may not address issue compatibilities with certain hardware related problems, but if may always or create another layer of issue somehow.


    One person meat may result in another person as poison. If aint broke, dont fixed it.

  2. #12
    ROG Member Array PauloPanda PC Specs
    PauloPanda PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z690-E Gaming WIFI
    Processori9-12900
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX5M2B5600C36 x 4 pieces
    Graphics Card #1RTX3070TI
    Sound CardCreative Katana V2
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH850 UHD Monitor (4K)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RUYJIN 2 240 AIO
    CaseCooler Master Master Box CM694
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime TX-850W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow Elite
    Mouse Razer Naga Hex V2
    OS Windows 11
    Accessory #1 Stream Deck XL

    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by iimma View Post
    Hey, so, how is it going with the new bios? is there any good news about it? or is just not worth to install it?
    Been running the new BIOS for a few days. Seem stable. RAM running at 5600 MHz and stable. PCH temperature same as before at 62 degrees Celsius at idle mode,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221023_125832.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	95859

  3. #13
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by PauloPanda View Post
    Been running the new BIOS for a few days. Seem stable. RAM running at 5600 MHz and stable. PCH temperature same as before at 62 degrees Celsius at idle mode,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221023_125832.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	95859
    Sir, do you use XMP?
    What is your setting?

  4. #14
    ROG Member Array PauloPanda PC Specs
    PauloPanda PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z690-E Gaming WIFI
    Processori9-12900
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX5M2B5600C36 x 4 pieces
    Graphics Card #1RTX3070TI
    Sound CardCreative Katana V2
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH850 UHD Monitor (4K)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RUYJIN 2 240 AIO
    CaseCooler Master Master Box CM694
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime TX-850W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow Elite
    Mouse Razer Naga Hex V2
    OS Windows 11
    Accessory #1 Stream Deck XL

    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
    Sir, do you use XMP?
    What is your setting?
    I am using the ASUS Z690E Gaming WIFI motherboard. I selected XMP II in the BIOS. Seems to work fine as it uses the RAM's own specs to run.

  5. #15
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by PauloPanda View Post
    Been running the new BIOS for a few days. Seem stable. RAM running at 5600 MHz and stable. PCH temperature same as before at 62 degrees Celsius at idle mode,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221023_125832.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	95859
    Thanks for your reply, i will update the bios this weekend i guess. I hope for the best haha! take care!

  6. #16
    ROG Junior Member Array makattack PC Specs
    makattack PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28
    Graphics Card #1RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
    MonitorAcer Predator X34
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360 121.8 CFM Liquid
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Mid Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA 210-GQ-1000-V1 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Updated my Z690E from 2004 to 2103 and running a few days now. All stable. XMP1 with PCH temps (since someone asked) hovering around 50-53C at low loads:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios2103temps.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	95880

  7. #17
    ROG Member Array PauloPanda PC Specs
    PauloPanda PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z690-E Gaming WIFI
    Processori9-12900
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX5M2B5600C36 x 4 pieces
    Graphics Card #1RTX3070TI
    Sound CardCreative Katana V2
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH850 UHD Monitor (4K)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RUYJIN 2 240 AIO
    CaseCooler Master Master Box CM694
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime TX-850W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow Elite
    Mouse Razer Naga Hex V2
    OS Windows 11
    Accessory #1 Stream Deck XL

    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Quote Originally Posted by makattack View Post
    Updated my Z690E from 2004 to 2103 and running a few days now. All stable. XMP1 with PCH temps (since someone asked) hovering around 50-53C at low loads:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bios2103temps.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	95880
    Impressive PCH temperature!

    May I know how many NVME drives you have connected to your motherboard?

    For me, I have a total of seven NVME drives connected (4 on the motherboard and 3 on the expansion cards). Was wondering if that led to the high PCH temperature on my motherboard. Need to mention that I also have six SATA drives connected as well. :-)

  8. #18
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by PauloPanda View Post
    I am using the ASUS Z690E Gaming WIFI motherboard. I selected XMP II in the BIOS. Seems to work fine as it uses the RAM's own specs to run.
    It works for me also.
    XMP1+ 5600MHz (can not go higher, 6000 MHz)
    Better than older bios version, which did not allow me to run over 4800MHz
    Thank you for your information

  9. #19
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    gaming g, stable with sync all cores, unstable with ai and by core solid lockup on sfc/scannow

  10. #20
    ROG Junior Member Array makattack PC Specs
    makattack PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28
    Graphics Card #1RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
    MonitorAcer Predator X34
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360 121.8 CFM Liquid
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Mid Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA 210-GQ-1000-V1 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by PauloPanda View Post
    Impressive PCH temperature!

    May I know how many NVME drives you have connected to your motherboard?

    For me, I have a total of seven NVME drives connected (4 on the motherboard and 3 on the expansion cards). Was wondering if that led to the high PCH temperature on my motherboard. Need to mention that I also have six SATA drives connected as well. :-)
    I only have two nvme drives, on the motherboard and no sata drives, which might explain the Temps. My case is also a mesh style (meshify 2) with the three fans on the front, three on top attached to an aio cooler. The only original fan that came with the case is the rear exhaust.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •