cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of RMA.

Ragnaraz690
Level 10
I'm a UK based customer and to be honest, quite disappointed in the service.

I own 2 A15s, FA506QR and FA507RR respectively. Although the 506 wasn't perfect it has been pretty bulletproof and has served me well after cooling mods. I was lucky enough to win the 507 in a raffle and had to RMA it twice already in 2 months. Firstly, the screen was terrible, halo of bleed, pinched screen and quite bad glow. The pickup for the machine was great, study plastic tote box with thick foam cut for laptops and power bricks. Secure and protected. On return it was in a thin cardboard box that was being juggled by some oaf of a DPD driver, it wouldn't have been so bad but when I opened the box although the laptop was encased in a protective bubble sleeve, it would have quite easily have been bounced from one end of the box to the other with the amount of space left and the clumsiness of the driver. Might I suggest swapping your returns method to the same as the pickup. Not only is that more secure for the repaired device, it cuts down on waste and forces the drivers to handle the box properly.

After my device was returned the power port felt somewhat sloppy and the laptop prompted me to unplug and plug it back in a gain, not an issue I had before. I contacted your LetMeRepair service center to get brushed off with an immediate "RMA it again". Bearing in mind that any damage done internally was soley down to their technicians, not a word of sympathy or anything like that, just "RMA it". The fault was intermittent, and everything worked normally so I let it go. Only for a few weeks later the battery started draining at an alarming rate while fully shut down. Around 15% in 12hours, I was forced to RMA it for a second time to the same place. I got prompt emails when I forwarded details of the problem and previously when I pointed out possible damage met with replied for another RMA. Yet this time when I followed their offer to answer questions, I've asked what the fault actually was on the laptop several times and been outright ignored. Probably because it was some half arsed tech that damaged something and they don't want to disclose that.

My point being, the QA on the new A15 seems a tad shoddy and the place you have carry out your work doesn't seem 100% committed to quality work either. Now I'm left wondering what state my laptop is going to be in when it comes back to me in London all the way from Scotland between questionable service centers and clumsy drivers with passable packaging. Maybe I got unlucky, but still that level of service is shoddy considering your reputation and it is rather damaging.

EDIT: Tried contacting the shop today and it's not possible. I would love to know what was wrong with my machine and they are plain dodging it now. The PSU has come back scratched up and the laptop had to repair itself on first boot which failed. Further investigation of LetMeRepair shows they have terrible ratings everywhere, Google, Facebook and Trustpilot all barely 50% and lower. You guys need to sort yourselves out. Charge £1700 for a gen 4 PCIE machine that ships with gen 3, it came with a screen that shouldn't have passed QC, it then gets damaged in RMA but a shoddy repair company you selected, goes for a second fix to the same shoddy company and my PSU comes back looking like it's been dragged along the warehouse floor. I can only hope that the machine doesn't sprout more issues.
3 REPLIES 3

Ragnaraz690
Level 10
Edited as it gets worse.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Ragnaraz690 wrote:
Edited as it gets worse.

I have sent you a message.
Please provide me with your RMA No via the message for confirmation.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Falcon@ROG wrote:
I have sent you a message.
Please provide me with your RMA No via the message for confirmation.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

I have replied.