Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E ASUS TUF not working with 4 sticks of RAM

icharles_ou
Level 7
System :

CPU : Ryzen 7900x
Motherboard : X670E TUF ASUS
RAM: 4x 16 GB G skill Trident Z NEO 6000 mhz CL36 ( 2x different kits but same specs )
PSU : CORSAIR X850
GPU: RX 6800 XT
AIO cooler : Masterliquid M360L
Case : Lian LI III

Problem : When I put all 4 sticks ( following the right order ) , the computer wont display any signal on the monitor.
But if I use just Dual channel or 1x stick , it will load fine.

I tested all sticks and they are healthy , the problem is when I put all of them togheter.

It is weird to think they are incompatible as they are from the same seller, brand and specs.

Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

AS185
Level 10
Hey there,

The only way to find out is to try acquiring the same type of kits and test.

Murph_9000
Level 14
There's nothing currently on the QVL for a 4 stick configuration; only 1 and 2 stick configurations are listed. (That's the "socket support" column of the QVL.) With DDR5 being very new, that may well change over time, as the manufacturing matures.

4 stick overclocked configurations are harder to support than 2 stick. E.g. going back to X570/X570S boards, it's easy to find DDR4-3600 which works as a 4 stick configuration, but faster than that is only listed as supported in 2 stick configs.

ahfoo
Level 13
icharles.ou wrote:
System :

CPU : Ryzen 7900x
Motherboard : X670E TUF ASUS
RAM: 4x 16 GB G skill Trident Z NEO 6000 mhz CL36 ( 2x different kits but same specs )
PSU : CORSAIR X850
GPU: RX 6800 XT
AIO cooler : Masterliquid M360L
Case : Lian LI III

Problem : When I put all 4 sticks ( following the right order ) , the computer wont display any signal on the monitor.
But if I use just Dual channel or 1x stick , it will load fine.

I tested all sticks and they are healthy , the problem is when I put all of them togheter.

It is weird to think they are incompatible as they are from the same seller, brand and specs.

Any thoughts?

( 2x different kits but same specs )....

That the caused. Even same mode with same spec may not come out from the same batch, same production line and assembly . And did not tested or certified running in QUAD.

In order to run 4 stick RAM or occupied 4 slot of RAM. You need the RAM set certified as Quad pair (4X of ram in the same package) with Asus QVL.