cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Flare II RGB

celticguy75
Level 8
My trusty Logitech G910 keyboard died and I picked up the Strix Flare II keyboard (not the animate version). I've got two strange issues with it that I can't seem to fix.

1 - When switching off the computer (Desktop) the keyboard lighting switches off, but then after maybe 10 seconds switches back on. I've tried making sure that ARmour crate is set to switch off RGB lighting on shutdown, and the BIOS is set so that no power is sent to USB peripherals on shutdown too.

2 - The second issue is until recently, I could switch off the RGB after shutdown using the RGB button on the keyboard, however both this and the Windows lock button have completely stopped working. The RGB is on right now, and the button is lit, but pressing it does nothing.

The firmware/drivers are up to date. Just looking for some advice if possible.
3 REPLIES 3

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi celticguy75,
For issue 1, please try other USB devices connecting to your shutdown pc to see if it is no power or not.
For issue 2, do you mean the RGB button and the Windows lock button was working but have been not working recently?
Have you tried the keyboard with other pc, but tow buttons are also not working?
Thank you.

celticguy75
Level 8
Issue 1 - I can confirm that other USB devices, such as hubs and my ROG spotlight do turn off and do not power back on. I have been using the Function & Arrow Down workaround to turn off the RGB on the keyboard after shutdown.

Issue 2 - That's correct, and same behaviour with my work laptop as well (which does not have aura installed)

For both issues I have tried both a system restore and a reinstallation of Armoury Crate without success. I hoped someone might have encountered a similar issue. It's not disaster -time or unacceptable, it's just a minor annoyance.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi celticguy75,
Thank you for your reply.
Did issue 2 occur after any update or settings changed?
Thank you.