cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone running a 13900k with a STRIX Z690-E?

czonin
Level 7
Picked up a 13900k to replace my 12900k yesterday and experienced restarts after getting into Windows after a few minutes of just being on the desktop. This was on BIOS 2103, but I also tried rolling back to 2004 and still ran into the same issue. I also tried clearing CMOS, and reseating my cooler but it didn't help. I ended up switching back to my 12900k for now which is working perfectly. I figured that I just got a bad chip.

Just wanted to see if anyone had success running this board and CPU.
6 REPLIES 6

MoKiChU
Level 40

Have you installed Windows 11 with TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot? I also upgraded from a 12900K to a 13900K + 4090.
No Windows start, BSOD inaccessible boot device! No way.
Had to first delete the Secure Boot keys and then reinstall Windows. During the Windows installation, the VMD, SATA_AHCI-RAID drivers would have to be inserted, otherwise the M2 SSDs would not be recognized.

Pilochun wrote:
Have you installed Windows 11 with TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot? I also upgraded from a 12900K to a 13900K + 4090.
No Windows start, BSOD inaccessible boot device! No way.
Had to first delete the Secure Boot keys and then reinstall Windows. During the Windows installation, the VMD, SATA_AHCI-RAID drivers would have to be inserted, otherwise the M2 SSDs would not be recognized.

I am having this inaccessible boot device issue, after installing a 13900k, and the new bios, If i disabled intel rapid storage technology then I can get it to boot to windows, but then I can't get back into bios unless I take the cmos battery out and reset bios, but then I get the inaccessible error message again unless I turn off intel rapid storage option... I also installed a new os copy, and that did nothing, now sure what else to do, guess they want me to buy a z790.. if that's the case I won't be going asus again.

rdibblee
Level 7
I am getting Windows boot message Inaccessible boot device after upgrading to Intel 13th Gen I9-13900K using Intel RAID Boot devices. System does not see any other bootable SSDs. I had to replace the CPU back to my 12900K to restore functionality. When I unmap my PCIE and SATA Devices they can be seen again, but will not boot. I saw some references to changing devices back to AHCI drivers to get them to work, but would like to see a BIOS fix to this from Asus.

@Neomis
Did you erase and recreate the drive beforehand? Just installing it doesn't work for me.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

See resource page here. You will need to ensure you have the correct ME Firmware and Driver

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131027-RaptorLake-Resources
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090