New ROGer Array

ASUS ROG Strix G713RW Keyboard lagging

Hello everyone!
    I have a problem with my laptop. When the computer is on for a longer time, keyboard starts to lag and stutter. It takes 1-2 seconds for it to start working, and after about 10 secs of not using it problem happens again. When problem happens while gaming it also stutters sound and picture. Only restarting solves the problem, but after longer time of computer working it reappears.
    Ways of solving the problem which I tried:
    - Uninstalling keyboard drivers
    - Turning of the touchpad in BIOS (doesn't have such option)
    - Updating drivers
    - Resetting Windows
    - Uninstalling antivirus
    Can somebody help me how to fix this problem, it's really frustrating.

CPU:
    AMD Ryzen 7 6800H
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti+ATI Radeon Graphics
    16GB RAM
    SSD 1TB
    Windows 11 Home

ROG Member Array Jnanislore PC Specs
    Jnanislore PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardRog Strix B550-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD 3600X
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Radeon RX 460

Start with this troubleshooter and keep Googling for an answer if this doesn't work, so try these steps, and I've never encounter this issue on a computer, but you can try these steps: https://www.minitool.com/news/window...board-lag.html

New ROGer Array

Tier

I've same problem with my Rog Strix G15 G513RM laptop. The keyboard is laggy and shuttering. All drivers are updated.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If you dont have issues in the Bios, It's a Windows problem. At least that's what google is telling me start with.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Elecsander View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have a problem with my laptop. When the computer is on for a longer time, keyboard starts to lag and stutter. It takes 1-2 seconds for it to start working, and after about 10 secs of not using it problem happens again. When problem happens while gaming it also stutters sound and picture. Only restarting solves the problem, but after longer time of computer working it reappears.
    I've been experiencing the exact same problem since the day I bought my Strix G15 G513RM (almost 4 months already).
    But I want to mention that when keyboard starts lagging - at the same time bluetooth tray icon blinks and BT module goes off for the same 1-2 seconds. The Windows system log registers this event as BTHUSB problem with code 18. No matter which KB/BT drivers were used, which power mode is used, AC plugged or not. After reinstalling OS from scratch three times with all the latest ASUS drivers - problem remains. I tried everything possible...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ACQov01AGEE

== POSSIBLE FIX?! ==
    But looks like that I finally found the solution. If we go to the "Device Manager" under the "Human Interface Devices" section, open "USB Input Device" settings, then "Power Management" tab - we can find that the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is enabled by default. Once you turn it off - the problem disappears immediately.
    USBpower1.png
    USBpower2_before_reboot.png

What's more interesting - after system restart the Power Management tab no longer present at all.
    USBpower3_after_reboot.png

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by homaptz; 01-29-2023 at 10:30 PM.