Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 170
  1. #81
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    265
    Posts
    2,842

    Quote Originally Posted by magy77 View Post
    Karhu Memtest under 10'000? Thats not really a stresstest for daily use.
    Sometimes i get Error after 8000..
    And you can get one after 20,000 too. Maybe test some more?

    It's also possible for a stock system to flip a bit, having an unnatural preoccupation for testing for a huge amount of time doesn't serve a purpose on a gaming system as the bus isn't hit nearly as hard.

    Using Karhu for 4 years or more now, I've never had an issue with a system with over 2,000% coverage. One has to remember that all overclocking is conditional.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karhu.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	96351
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 11-18-2022 at 03:09 PM.

  2. #82
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    i will use this as a collection of test bioses/tools/info targeted towards Raptorlake + z69/790

    NOTE for Z690: You must update ME on your Z690 to properly support raptorlake (if you are on dual bioses then you need to do this to both bioses)

    1) d/l and install ME driver
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m..._20220809B.zip

    2) update ME with ME Update Tool (I know there are newer versions but its not up on Asus official site yet so >= this version is fine)
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m....25.1885_T.zip

    3) update to Latest BIOS of your choice

    Note 2 for Z690: i have some Z690s that are already LOW in battery so you are advised to use a new Battery during this upgrade.

    New test bioses

    Z690 Apex

    Z690 Extreme

    Z690 Hero

    Z690 Hero Eva

    Z690 Extreme Glacial

    Z690 Formula

    Z690 Strix E

    Z690 Strix F

    Z690 Strix G

    Z690 Strix A WIFI D4

    Z690 Strix A WIFI

    Z690 Strix I

    Z690 Creator

    Z690 Prime A

    Z690 Tuf D4

    Z690 Tuf WIFI

    Z690 Tuf D4 WIFI

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Z790 Extreme

    Z790 Hero

    Z790 Apex

    Z790 Strix I

    Z790 Strix F

    Z790 Strix E

    Z790 Strix A D4

    Z790 Strix A

    Z790 ProArt

    Z790 Strix H

    Z790 Prime A WIFI

    Z790 Prime M Plus D4

    Z790 Prime P

    Z790 Prime P D4

    Z790 Prime P WIFI

    Z790 Prime P WIFI D4

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Latest M15ocpak
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0l8xaka2br...K1111.zip?dl=0

    Turbovcore
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifsr8x0znc...10.20.zip?dl=0

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Shamino! Do you know when this BIOS will be published in the asus download center for the z690 Apex? I just had some hynix A-Die show up today, and was wondering if it would be worth it for me to upgrade to the 2201 beta. Im using an i9-13900K on windows 10 with a Z690 apex

  3. #83
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MZ790E Bios 0813
    Processori9 13900KS
    Memory (part number)F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1Asus 4090 Strix
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG XG349C
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with XTOP DDC 4.2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64
    Hopper64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    70
    Posts
    2,597

    Bios 0031 for the MZ790E working without any problems here.

  4. #84
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    265
    Posts
    2,842

    Tightening down on daily 8200 profile. No active cooling on the memory

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8200 tweaked.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	353.0 KB 
ID:	96372


    Memory Controller SP added to 0031 beta (credit to Shamino/SafeDisk)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	221119063642.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	96373



    ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO BETA BIOS 0031

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tz9px7976...-0031.zip?dl=0


    ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX BETA BIOS 0031

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/djiiis188y...-0031.zip?dl=0


    ROG MAXIMUS Z790 EXTREME BETA BIOS 0031

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/grcrq63h5j...-0031.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 11-19-2022 at 11:28 AM.

  5. #85
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    20

    Adaptive mode is not working for me from last 2 updates so I tried beta BIOS 2201 and it's still not working. It was working on 1720.

    MB = Z690 Extreme

  6. #86
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    On my Z790 Extreme it is still Impossible to get XMP 7600 stable with a G.Skill 7600 Kit.

    Also with the 0031 Beta Bios!
    It's Bootable into Windows and it is a kind of "stable" but TM5 or Karhu will show up errors sometimes within 10 Minutes sometimes after 1 hour.

    Luckly i am beable to test the CPU and the Memory on the Z790 Apex and of course i am sure its not a problem of the CPU or the Memory.
    Because with the same memory and cpu its stable at XMP on the Apex Board and has alot of headroom for OC.

    Right now it is the most expensive Motherboard that Asus offers to their clients, but the support is worse than on a much cheaper MB.

    I had the same problem with the Z690 Extreme and Z690 Apex.
    I guess i should have learned somehting and not buy Asus Motherboards anymore, but well i was hoping this time it will be better.

    After 1year of discussion with my Online Store and ASUS i did get new Models (2022) through RMA's.

    I guess it will maybe getting into the same situation and this time we will maybe talking about the good 2023 Models ;-)

    I feel like Asus has a QC problem or they are not listen to their clients.

    Just a sad, sad story, right now i can't suggest to anyone to buy a Extreme Z790.

  7. #87
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    36
    Posts
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by TomCom205 View Post
    On my Z790 Extreme it is still Impossible to get XMP 7600 stable with a G.Skill 7600 Kit.

    Also with the 0031 Beta Bios!
    It's Bootable into Windows and it is a kind of "stable" but TM5 or Karhu will show up errors sometimes within 10 Minutes sometimes after 1 hour.

    Luckly i am beable to test the CPU and the Memory on the Z790 Apex and of course i am sure its not a problem of the CPU or the Memory.
    Because with the same memory and cpu its stable at XMP on the Apex Board and has alot of headroom for OC.

    Right now it is the most expensive Motherboard that Asus offers to their clients, but the support is worse than on a much cheaper MB.

    I had the same problem with the Z690 Extreme and Z690 Apex.
    I guess i should have learned somehting and not buy Asus Motherboards anymore, but well i was hoping this time it will be better.

    After 1year of discussion with my Online Store and ASUS i did get new Models (2022) through RMA's.

    I guess it will maybe getting into the same situation and this time we will maybe talking about the good 2023 Models ;-)

    I feel like Asus has a QC problem or they are not listen to their clients.

    Just a sad, sad story, right now i can't suggest to anyone to buy a Extreme Z790.
    Ended up returning my z790 extreme and picked up a apex instead. However, i found out that my MC score is 66 (pretty ****) and memory was hitting 60c under stress test. After turning my fans around on the radiator i'm finally able to run xmp 2 7600.

  8. #88
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    My MC SP is 75 Temp of the Stick is under airflow never above 43C.
    Well like i said no trouble with XMP on the Apex.*

  9. #89
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    265
    Posts
    2,842

    Quote Originally Posted by TomCom205 View Post
    My MC SP is 75 Temp of the Stick is under airflow never above 43C.
    Well like i said no trouble with XMP on the Apex.*
    the memory temperature won’t impact the IMC SP as its not used for the tests; it hits the System Agent on the CPU so ambient , board and CPU may sway the score a few points either way.

  10. #90
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MZ790E Bios 0813
    Processori9 13900KS
    Memory (part number)F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1Asus 4090 Strix
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG XG349C
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with XTOP DDC 4.2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64
    Hopper64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    70
    Posts
    2,597

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    the memory temperature won’t impact the IMC SP as its not used for the tests; it hits the System Agent on the CPU so ambient , board and CPU may sway the score a few points either way.
    Is that ambient temperature, motherboard and CPU may sway the score a few points either way? Am I reading that correctly? Â*

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •