cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enter BIOS every time on AM5 x670e Hero

fuzzy186
Level 7
I can enter BIOS approximately once every 30 times. Usually after I press power button I start pressing delete button on the keyboard. After a while monitor turns on but after short while it shows message that there is no displayport signal and it turns off. After few more seconds monitor turns on again but after about 1 second it turns off again. After that nothing happens. After monitor turns off for the second time I can see that Q-code on the motherboard shows code A9 and boot led lights up.
A9 means that I have entered BIOS but I can't see it on my monitor. I try to turn off the monitor and turn it on again using it's power button but only says that there is no displayport signal.

Usually when I normally power on my computer and just want to enter windows (I don't press delete button) the monitor turns on and off 2 times before it finally turns on just before login screen in windows and from this point I can work/play on it without issue. I guess, that the nvidia windows driver successfully turns the monitor on, but motherboard itself can't do that (only once every around 30 times I am able to enter the bios).

My monitor (ROG PG279Q) is connected through displayport driver to the 3070ti graphics card.

I have x670e Hero motherboard with Ryzen 7 7700x and G.skill F5-6000J3238F16GX2-FX5 memory modules with loaded Expo profile (6000 MT/s). I also have ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF 8GB OC. I have latest bios Version 0705 from 2022/10/11.

My guess is that dynamic graphics card detection fails.
Will there be an option in the future bioses to disable integrated graphics card in the processor or will there be an option to manually select the primary graphics card in the system so that it will not have to automatically detect it and show image on the monitor quickly?
3 REPLIES 3

Jnanislore
Level 9
Uh, no dude. You shouldn't be having this problem. Try turning your monitor off and then back on again if it loses signal and see if that helps. Update video drivers and test, but you shouldn't be having this detection issue on your hardware, and if you're, something else is fuzzy. Might want to even reseat the video card if it's having this problem. This is a video card issue, but you shouldn't be having it, so Google advice and keep searching for answers is the best I can tell you.

Jnanislore wrote:
Uh, no dude. You shouldn't be having this problem. Try turning your monitor off and then back on again if it loses signal and see if that helps. Update video drivers and test, but you shouldn't be having this detection issue on your hardware, and if you're, something else is fuzzy. Might want to even reseat the video card if it's having this problem. This is a video card issue, but you shouldn't be having it, so Google advice and keep searching for answers is the best I can tell you.

I had no problems with this on my previous motherboard. I could enter bios whenever I wanted and graphics card showed me bios.
Another thing is that from time to time I can enter bios and my RTX 3070ti is showing me the bios.
If there was something wrong with the card, then I wouldn't be able to enter it at all. I can enter it only sometimes when I do it "normally" (just pressing DEL button after I turn on the PC).
This guy has similar problem (it is not easy to enter the bios and you have to do weird things to finally enter it).
https://youtu.be/oubGmP4nLbQ?t=111

I have pulled out and put it the graphics card many times with the same result.

I have found a way to enter it more consistently.
I reset the bios settings (reset bios button at the back). After that I connect HDMI cable to the motherboard HDMI output. I turn on the PC and wait about 40 seconds for the bios to show up on HDMI output. It will show me the bios automatically because by default the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) is disabled by default. I have SATA drive which won't get detected without CSM enabled (hence it can't load operating system). That's why I can enter the bios. Once it enable CSM I can no longer consistently enter the bios.

Hey there,

I think that it's an error between the onboard graphics unit and the graphics card. Inside the BIOS, locate the Advanced tab. Find the NB Configuration option. Select PCIE Video from the Primary Video Device. Save & reboot. Test the PC. Load into Windows and shut down the computer. You should have two HDMI cables plugged in. One in the back of the motherboard and one for the graphics card. De-attach the HDMI cable from the onboard graphics card. If you have a dual-monitor setup, it's best to load into the operating system with one monitor.
Another issue that may occur is the random access memory settings. Did you try enabling D.O.C.P from the Ai Overclock Tuner?