Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    4090 Strix OC vBios Update Error

    Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vbios_error.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	95916
    Last edited by speeduae; 10-26-2022 at 12:11 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    51
    Posts
    301

    Get current version is null
    I don't have this card but I think it's better not to insist at the moment if you don't have problems with the current bios
    Later you may see discussions about it

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by cekeu View Post
    Get current version is null
    I don't have this card but I think it's better not to insist at the moment if you don't have problems with the current bios
    Later you may see discussions about it
    the card performance on ryzen 7000 platform is below average and i hoped this vbios would solve this but the update doesnt work for me for some reason and i would like to see if anyone knows how to solve this issue.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    51
    Posts
    301

    I found this on TechPowerUp https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...24576-220817-1
    Maybe it can help if the installation problem is due to the file from Asus
    I do not have this graphics card (I have the strix 3080 ti oc) and I give my opinion without expertise, hoping that you will find other users of this card to better enlighten you

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Same problem here...

    Quote Originally Posted by speeduae View Post
    Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vbios_error.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	95916

    Did you notice GPUZ can not download the firmware also? (for backup purposes)

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by speeduae View Post
    Am having a problem updating the vbios of my strix oc 4090 to V1 that was published on the 24th of Oct on the 4090 strix oc support page - after executing the vbios update file, i get this error "Get current version is null". I currently using windows 11 22h2 with 7950x and x670e extreme mobo (bios 0705). does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vbios_error.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	95916
    same issue here

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by cekeu View Post
    I found this on TechPowerUp https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...24576-220817-1
    Maybe it can help if the installation problem is due to the file from Asus
    I do not have this graphics card (I have the strix 3080 ti oc) and I give my opinion without expertise, hoping that you will find other users of this card to better enlighten you
    the link you provided is the stock performance vbios.

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo AsPy View Post
    Did you notice GPUZ can not download the firmware also? (for backup purposes)
    yes, i noticed it, but i think there is not support yet embedded for 4090 in the latest version of gpu-z (v2.5), but if you download the latest nvflash (v5.792) which supports 4090 with --save flag for backing up the vbios, itll work but only with 32bit version for some reason.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    I get the same "Get current version is null" error on ASUS TUF 4090 24gb (non oc), even though the vbios is downloadable on the ASUS support page for that card.

    When one unzips the .exe file there is compare bios table (see below), my bios version stated in nvidia control panel is "95.02.18.00.60", the suffix is different from what's in the vbios bios table below where all versions have suffix ".AS01". Perhaps that is the reason we get the error? Any solution to this? Or is this vbios not designed for the TUF 4090 card, even though its available on the card's asus support page?


    [95.02.18.00.AS01]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS01
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS01
    PQMode_Num = 2

    [95.02.18.00.AS02]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS02
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS02
    PQMode_Num = 2

    [95.02.18.00.AS03]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS03
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS03
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS04]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS04
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS04
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS05]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS05
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS05
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS06]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS06
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS06
    PQMode_Num = 2

    [95.02.18.00.AS07]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS07
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS07
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS08]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS08
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS08
    PQMode_Num = 2

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by COCOLELE View Post
    I get the same "Get current version is null" error on ASUS TUF 4090 24gb (non oc), even though the vbios is downloadable on the ASUS support page for that card.

    When one unzips the .exe file there is compare bios table (see below), my bios version stated in nvidia control panel is "95.02.18.00.60", the suffix is different from what's in the vbios bios table below where all versions have suffix ".AS01". Perhaps that is the reason we get the error? Any solution to this? Or is this vbios not designed for the TUF 4090 card, even though its available on the card's asus support page?


    [95.02.18.00.AS01]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS01
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS01
    PQMode_Num = 2

    [95.02.18.00.AS02]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS02
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS02
    PQMode_Num = 2

    [95.02.18.00.AS03]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS03
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS03
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS04]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS04
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS04
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS05]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS05
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS05
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS06]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS06
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS06
    PQMode_Num = 2

    [95.02.18.00.AS07]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS07
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS07
    PQMode_Num = 2


    [95.02.18.00.AS08]
    OldVersion = 95.02.18.00.AS08
    NewVersion = 95.02.18.80.AS08
    PQMode_Num = 2
    yes i did the same so far, i extracted all the roms from the update file. you can download the latest nvflash from techpowerup and then backup your current bios using the tool, then check the version of the backed vbios by the tool using --version flag. when i do that - i get the following RTX4090 VB Ver 95.02.18.00.AS01. now technically, i could flash it manually to the new bios since the rom files are extracted, but the executable update file from asus support page should be verified to work without any issues and i wanna do it through the official way (one click update) for warranty purposes.
    Last edited by speeduae; 10-27-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •