cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B550-A | 'New CPU Installed' Error on every boot | BIOS resetting date and time

UltorW
Level 7
Hello so I was building a new PC with a ROG Strix B550-A Gaming and a Ryzen 5 5600, as I finished and booted the pc, the motherboard keeps giving me the following:

On top of that, everytime I try resetting date and time manually on the BIOS, it just keeps re adjusting itself to a wrong one on every boot.

Could it be a faulty motherboard? Is there any fix?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

RedSector73
Level 12
Check the BIOS battery, maybe even try a new one first, not expensive but might be the issue.

RedSector73 wrote:
Check the BIOS battery, maybe even try a new one first, not expensive but might be the issue.

Thought about this too, funny thing is, settings stay saved, so for example if I change the memory frequency settings + time and date, hit save and restart, time and date are reset but frequency settings are kept, which wouldn't happen if it was a battery issue? Will try anyway, thanks!

J_Bish
Level 10
3I would try clearing cmos by jumper 12... and change battery... Not many things it could be

UltorW wrote:
Hello so I was building a new PC with a ROG Strix B550-A Gaming and a Ryzen 5 5600, as I finished and booted the pc, the motherboard keeps giving me the following:

On top of that, everytime I try resetting date and time manually on the BIOS, it just keeps re adjusting itself to a wrong one on every boot.

Could it be a faulty motherboard? Is there any fix?

Thanks!