cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E HERO and 7950X - BSOD with DDR5 RAM Issues

Jagguw
Level 8
Hi,

I recently built a new workstation and I would get constant blue screens and was recommended to replace my ram as I was using 4 sticks of 16gb (64gb) and I replaced the RAM with two new sticks today which are amd expo kits which also caused bluescreens but after it blue screened I got the Q-Code 00 and cleared cmos and now get the code B4 but to bypass that I unplug everything that uses a usb

Q-codes: B4 and 00

I recently completed a build with the following specs:
X670E HERO
7950X
Gskill 2x32gb 64gb F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5N
RTX 4090
17 REPLIES 17

Qwinn
Level 11
Did you update to latest BIOS yet? Made a huge difference in memory stability for me.

we have a similar build bar the memory, I was experiencing BSOD constantly too at first out of the box, specifically with MEMORY_MANAGER, and occasionally another error. they went away completely after updating the BIOs to 0705

Anthony Kinson wrote:
we have a similar build bar the memory, I was experiencing BSOD constantly too at first out of the box, specifically with MEMORY_MANAGER, and occasionally another error. they went away completely after updating the BIOs to 0705
Â*I
Â* have the latest update since the 10th of October which is when it came out, would updating the bios again maybe fix my issueÂ*

Jagguw wrote:
Â*I
Â* have the latest update since the 10th of October which is when it came out, would updating the bios again maybe fix my issueÂ*

To the same version? Probably not. But if I were in your situation, I would try out the beta bioses posted on the sticky thread in this forum ("X670 Resources").

Out of curiosity, you said unplugging USB stuff got you past the 'B4' - are you running fine without USB devices plugged in? Or still crashing anyway?

Qwinn wrote:
To the same version? Probably not. But if I were in your situation, I would try out the beta bioses posted on the sticky thread in this forum ("X670 Resources").

Out of curiosity, you said unplugging USB stuff got you past the 'B4' - are you running fine without USB devices plugged in? Or still crashing anyway?

So I found out on reddit that a lot of people are getting BSOD with the 7950x and turns out it is because it is faulty so I am getting it replaced.
But I don't know if it will fix my bios problem for B4 which the only way I can boot my PC is without usb's plugged in and yes I do still get blue screens so I may get my motherboard replaced too which is a hassle.

Jagguw wrote:
So I found out on reddit that a lot of people are getting BSOD with the 7950x and turns out it is because it is faulty so I am getting it replaced. it
But I don't know if it will fix my bios problem for B4 which the only way I can boot my PC is without usb's plugged in and yes I do still get blue screens so I may get my motherboard replaced too which is a hassle.

I have an asus crosshair extreme x670e. It runs rock solid with the 7950x as loneag as my memory is at 4800 mhz. I had some gskill expo but every time I try to run it at 6000, it will run for a bit, then start stuttering and crash. I found out my memory is not on the QVL for my board, so I found some that was (Kingston Fury Beast 6000) and tried that. Runs great at 4800, but again problems at 6000.

I tried a memory stress test on Aida64. At 4800 no problems. At 6000 it gives a hardware failure.

I'm running on bios 0705

Any thoughts?

Primedius wrote:
I have an asus crosshair extreme x670e. It runs rock solid with the 7950x as loneag as my memory is at 4800 mhz. I had some gskill expo but every time I try to run it at 6000, it will run for a bit, then start stuttering and crash. I found out my memory is not on the QVL for my board, so I found some that was (Kingston Fury Beast 6000) and tried that. Runs great at 4800, but again problems at 6000.

I tried a memory stress test on Aida64. At 4800 no problems. At 6000 it gives a hardware failure.

I'm running on bios 0705

Any thoughts?

Two sticks or four sticks, and what density? That's critical information.

Primedius wrote:

I'm running on bios 0705

Any thoughts?

I have the same issue (2x16gb GSkill DDR5 6000MHZ EXPO) but can run memory with EXPO settings but turn memory speed down to 5800MHz - I can run memory stability tests fine at this speed but games crash after about 15-30min of playing.
I have no issues at 5600MHz, again memory stability tests fine and no game crashing.
I am using bios 0803 which was more stable than 0705 on which I had to run memory at 5200MHz to get stability.

Hello everyone,
I got a
7700X
TUF x670e plus WIFI (newest bios from 25.10)
G.Skill Flare 6000 cl36 16GBx2 (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5) , not on Mobo list

I found out myself, that:
1. POST takes a lot (20-30 sec) but runs stable with EXPO
2. Enabling Memory Content Restore shortens POST A LOT, BUT I had issues (firefox tabs crashing and few BSODs later on), memtest86plus gave thousand of errors
3. Auto od Disabled is fine (also longer POST)
4. now I tried it again but now I need to keep Mem Context Restore Disabled (Auto crashes too)

So i think ASUS need to fix it?
Do you run with Context restore enabled or disabled?
I hope they will, it now boots longer with Pcie4x4 SSD than my old intel 4670k and sata on Z87 board