Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Z790 hero xmp

  1. #21
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair X670E Gene
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 7950X
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX5M2B6000Z30K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    MonitorAlienware AW3423DW
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerOptimus AM5 Foundation
    CaseNZXT H9 FLOW CM-H91FB-01 (Black)
    Power SupplySeaSonic Prime TX-1600
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Braegnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    40
    Posts
    445

    Quote Originally Posted by iBruceypoo View Post
    Just cancelled my Z790 Apex pre-order at Newegg.
    I cancelled my Z790 Extreme pre-order last week,.. after seeing others having memory issues with over the counter Z790 motherboards.

    I'm not going through the same memory overclocking issues with Z790,.. like I did with my Z690 Apex. That was insane!

    Seems a few folks on another overclocking site were given cherry picked, binned motherboards to test, weeks before launch. Same as Z690 Apex launch,.. these folks all post huge memory overclocks with tight timings, fully stable, while normal folks like me buy a motherboard over the counter, and will be hoping for lottery to get a good board,.. and still will not be able to run memory at frequency of those cherry binned boards the few have that are posting good results.

    I do not have the time or money to buy 12 motherboards to bin, and test to run advertised memory speeds, or run XMP stable.

    I will be running AMD, and enjoying my system, no more bs,.. 6000 CL30 EXPO is fine.

    Attachment 96036

    Attachment 96037

    Attachment 96038

    System has been up-running for two weeks, with no issues. Plug & play EXPO DDR5 6000 CL30 memory and done,.. now just enjoy running work, or playing games.

    Attachment 96039

  2. #22
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z790 Apex
    Processor13900KF
    Memory (part number)F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5K
    Graphics Card #14090 SUPRIM LIQUID X
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279QM
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX1600
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H2

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    154

    Now we have to bin the boards for a daily use???

    And that Extreme board costs a lot. Like... A LOT!

    But just curious, they advertise now ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP), that 2x16 6400 memory kit is not working with that option either?

    That 6400 kit is already on the Z790 QVL list so should have been fine from day one (I have this kit also :P and virtually could not run on any Z690 Asus board so far, even with high quality KS processors).
    If 6400 CL32 is still hard as a simple XMP on Asus boards, what to say about those users who try to run XMP only the 7600+ kits? =))

    Yeah just talked with the guys on discord, given the first signs from the boards bought so far it seems that Asus did not learn a damn thing, also saw on forums that many Asus Z790 users complain that the Z690 s/show is happening again, it's insane to stabilize anything on these boards. Again.
    Last edited by kvarq; 11-03-2022 at 06:46 PM.

  3. #23
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MZ790E Bios 0813
    Processori9 13900KS
    Memory (part number)F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1Asus 4090 Strix
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG XG349C
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with XTOP DDC 4.2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64
    Hopper64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    70
    Posts
    2,601

    Quote Originally Posted by roger251 View Post
    I tested with three Z790 Extreme boards, only one is stable @7.600MT with BIOS 0703, the other two are broken

    I would assume that if other boards don't work with this BIOS version then they won't with further updates, that was what they promised last year too and it was never resolved...

    I will keep the working Z790 Extreme but my future boards won't be ASUS boards
    Don’t blame you. I am willing to give this some time, but I still think the machine should post with default timings on any memory kit. Bios version should not be the issue with no OC. It certainly does not sound right to me.

  4. #24
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z790 Apex
    Processor13900KF
    Memory (part number)F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5K
    Graphics Card #14090 SUPRIM LIQUID X
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279QM
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX1600
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H2

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    154

    if that window for return passes and the stuff is not solved I think that's a no brainer )

  5. #25
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    It‘s ridiculous seeing the Z790 boards not working stable out of the box with higher memory speeds and XMP profiles, like advertised by MB and memory manufacturers. What did really change since the last generation? Why is all this 7200+ memory on the QVL list, when it does not work properly? It seems the only qualification is the sticks being mechanically compatible.

  6. #26
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MZ790E Bios 0813
    Processori9 13900KS
    Memory (part number)F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1Asus 4090 Strix
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG XG349C
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with XTOP DDC 4.2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64
    Hopper64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    70
    Posts
    2,601

    Quote Originally Posted by kvarq View Post
    Now we have to bin the boards for a daily use???

    And that Extreme board costs a lot. Like... A LOT!

    But just curious, they advertise now ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP), that 2x16 6400 memory kit is not working with that option either?

    That 6400 kit is already on the Z790 QVL list so should have been fine from day one (I have this kit also :P and virtually could not run on any Z690 Asus board so far, even with high quality KS processors).
    If 6400 CL32 is still hard as a simple XMP on Asus boards, what to say about those users who try to run XMP only the 7600+ kits? =))

    Yeah just talked with the guys on discord, given the first signs from the boards bought so far it seems that Asus did not learn a damn thing, also saw on forums that many Asus Z790 users complain that the Z690 s/show is happening again, it's insane to stabilize anything on these boards. Again.
    Never mind the OC of 6400 in my case. It will not post at default with no OC at all. Can not get into the bios to OC anything. Code 55. Why the other GSkill kit 6000 works without issue I do not know. I can even run the 6000 kit at XMP1 no problems. The 6400 kit boots fine in my Z690 board. It is obviously not the memory kit itself. ??? Â*

  7. #27
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MZ790E Bios 0813
    Processori9 13900KS
    Memory (part number)F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1Asus 4090 Strix
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG XG349C
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with XTOP DDC 4.2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64
    Hopper64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    70
    Posts
    2,601

    Quote Originally Posted by kvarq View Post
    if that window for return passes and the stuff is not solved I think that's a no brainer )
    I was thinking the same thing. They just don’t want to fool with it.

  8. #28
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z790 Apex
    Processor13900KF
    Memory (part number)F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5K
    Graphics Card #14090 SUPRIM LIQUID X
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279QM
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX1600
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H2

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    154

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper64 View Post
    The 6400 kit boots fine in my Z690 board.
    lucky dog... you probably got a good copy back then )


    Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post

    I cancelled my Z790 Extreme pre-order last week,.. after seeing others having memory issues with over the counter Z790 motherboards.

    I'm not going through the same memory overclocking issues with Z790.. like I did with my Z690 Apex. That was insane!

    Seems a few folks on another overclocking site were given cherry picked, binned motherboards to test, weeks before launch. Same as Z690 Apex launch,.. these folks all post huge memory overclocks with tight timings, fully stable, while normal folks like me buy a motherboard over the counter, and will be hoping for lottery to get a good board,.. and still will not be able to run memory at frequency of those cherry binned boards the few have that are posting good results.

    I do not have the time or money to buy 12 motherboards to bin, and test to run advertised memory speeds, or run XMP stable.
    I feel ya completely, been there.

    Brucey cancelled also - and he was like 2 feet in the air on the launch day, lots of guys on discord and other overclocking forums did as well, probably I should be wise to do the same... I was using ROG bios since Z87, it's too hard to let it go but... Such is life I think.

  9. #29
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus MZ790E Bios 0813
    Processori9 13900KS
    Memory (part number)F5-7600J3646G16GX2-TZ5RK
    Graphics Card #1Asus 4090 Strix
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG XG349C
    Storage #1Samsung 990 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with XTOP DDC 4.2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64
    Hopper64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Reputation
    70
    Posts
    2,601

    Quote Originally Posted by kvarq View Post
    lucky dog... you probably got a good copy back then )




    I feel ya completely, been there.

    Brucey cancelled also - and he was like 2 feet in the air on the launch day, lots of guys on discord and other overclocking forums did as well, probably I should be wise to do the same... I was using ROG bios since Z87, it's too hard to let it go but... Such is life I think.

    Actually, no. Unlucky. While it posted on Z690, I never got it stable with 6400 or 6000 for that matter. Adjusted and tweaked voltages all over the place. It posted but that’s it. Never could get a stable OC. With Z790, can’t get into the bios at default with the 6400 which do not understand at all. Did all the routine checks to troubleshoot as well.Â*

  10. #30
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z790 Apex
    Processor13900KF
    Memory (part number)F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5K
    Graphics Card #14090 SUPRIM LIQUID X
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279QM
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX1600
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H2

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    18
    Posts
    154

    Aha! I would have been surprised if that kit was actually working on a regular, "off-the-shelf" Asus motherboard )

    6400 for DDR5 should be like 3200 for DDR4... but not for Asus I think.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •