ROG Enthusiast Array

Z690 dual bios and raptor lake

Hi,
    I have a Z690 extreme with dual bios.

I bought the motherboard with a 12900K but before upgrading to raptor lake I upgraded both bioses to the latest 2103 bios.

Unfortunantly I upgraded to the latest ME firmware only one bios not the other.

Now I have two bios to the latest version 2103 but only one have the latest ME firmware.

I read somewhere that in order to support raptor lake both bioses should run the latest me firmware.

Is this true?

Will I crash my mobo if I switch to the second biso now that I have raptor but I haven't upgraded the latest ME firmware on the second bios?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

Within my knowledge or you may correct me if I was wrong. I dont think the 2nd bios come into picture. The dual bios I thought supposed to do with fail safe?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I don't know my friend, I'll wait for some experts that joins the discussion

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raybantracing View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Z690 extreme with dual bios.

I bought the motherboard with a 12900K but before upgrading to raptor lake I upgraded both bioses to the latest 2103 bios.

Unfortunantly I upgraded to the latest ME firmware only one bios not the other.

Now I have two bios to the latest version 2103 but only one have the latest ME firmware.

I read somewhere that in order to support raptor lake both bioses should run the latest me firmware.

Is this true?

Will I crash my mobo if I switch to the second biso now that I have raptor but I haven't upgraded the latest ME firmware on the second bios?

Hello,

If wanting to utilise the secondary BIOS you will need to upgrade the ME driver and firmware.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

If wanting to utilise the secondary BIOS you will need to upgrade the ME driver and firmware.
    Secondary bios is updated, but how can I update the ME bios now?
    As far as I know usb flashback works only with bios, how can I update the me firmware?

Thanks

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raybantracing View Post
    Secondary bios is updated, but how can I update the ME bios now?
    As far as I know usb flashback works only with bios, how can I update the me firmware?

Thanks
    use the tool in the stickied Raptorlake resource thread in this section. The firmware update can be done from DOS prompt or from within the OS
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 11-01-2022 at 12:56 AM.