cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor for gaming

RandyEastman
Level 7
Hello folks. I’ve been building my gaming PC. Most of my PC parts are Asus so I would like to get an Asus gaming monitor. But the thing is there are so many options which are so confusing. So, can you guys recommend a good monitor for gaming? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2

Murph_9000
Level 14
There are so many options partly because people have different needs/expectations. You need to narrow down the selection by deciding what features you would like. The first is probably resolution; 1080p, 1440p, 4K, ultra-wide, etc. After that, there's the refresh rate; 120Hz is a perfectly good experience for many, but some competitive gamers do benefit from very high refresh rates, like 240Hz and above. It then comes down to how much you are willing to spend and how big you want to go. The ROG monitors pages have a filter which can help you see just the monitors which have particular specs/features that are important to you.

Personally, I love my ROG XG43UQ (4K, HDR 1000, 120/144Hz, 43", 16:9), but it's a big beast that might not be suitable for everyone, and it's not a super-high refresh rate that some may desire (you kinda have to choose either refresh rate or resolution, it's a tradeoff between them).

Murph_9000 wrote:
There are so many options partly because people have different needs/expectations. You need to narrow down the selection by deciding what features you would like. The first is probably resolution; 1080p, 1440p, 4K, ultra-wide, etc. After that, there's the refresh rate; 120Hz is a perfectly good experience for many, but some competitive gamers do benefit from very high refresh rates, like 240Hz and above. It then comes down to how much you are willing to spend and how big you want to go. The ROG monitors pages have a filter which can help you see just the monitors which have particular specs/features that are important to you.

I agree.