Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin05 View Post
    But my question is why is his memory on the Asus QVL and not on the G.Skill QVL?

Attachment 96171
    Because the memory qualification list and the motherboard vendors are different.

See here for a detailed explanation of what these profiles actually are.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-and-using-XMP

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I am still having this issue code 53 on restarts, and I am also noticing frequent blue screens, my computer is so unstable with it working one minute the next it is not. The Z790 hero QVL list has my memory on it, yet I am getting this issue with and without overclocks. I sure hope there is going to be some kind of update that will make things stable and working as they should. My memory is several bins below the maximum tested speeds it is not like I am pushing 7200mhz. This memory kit worked 100% of the time no issue on the Z690 Hero surely the Z790 Hero should be able to accommodate these too? I would like to think the Z790 can do everything that the Z690 Hero can do and more. Even on the First release Bios for Z690 Hero I had no issues like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue Screen fault code.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	619.2 KB 
ID:	96457
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Blue Screen fault code.jpg  

Last edited by USERMAC; 11-24-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi USERMAC,
    How often do you have code 53 on restarts? 90%?
    Did you get blue screen on bios 0703 with bios all default settings(no OC/no XMP) as well? Did it occur when run the specific apps? What is the occurrence frequency?
    Have you tried only one ram stick in other ram slot except DIMM_A2 slot?
    Do you have another drive to clean install OS to see if have the same issue without any apps installed?

May I have the following information?
    - the serial number of the motherboard via pm
    - the brand and model name of your graphics card, PSU, and OS drive
    - OS version and OS build
    - the graphics driver version
    Thank you.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hi STARRAIN@ROG

I seemed to have almost stopped getting code 53'3

The way I got this reduced massively was by not using the ASUS provided USB stick with the preinstalled motherboard drivers using that I would get this code 53's almost 90% of the time.
    The only reason I used that USB stick is because I had trouble installing a fresh install of windows 11because the onboard networking was not being detected so I had to do a OOBE\BYPASSNRO then I could install windows without internet which is odd because I have window 11 pro and that usually gives you the option to install without internet.Once windows was installed I would usually install motherboard drivers from the Asus USB.
    Anyways I have again installed a fresh copy again of windows 11 but this time I used a USB Wi-Fi dongle this then enabled me to install windows and also let windows get the relevant updates for the install. since not using the drives on the asus usb stick the issue seem to have almost gone.
    I do not see as many code 53's now but they do happen about 25% of them time. I have a new set of memory coming 7th December and I really hope with the new memory I will never have to see this issue again.

Moderator Array

Hi USERMAC,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    If you experience that Windows cannot find Wi-Fi network connectivity during the initial setup (OOBE) when installing Windows 11, please refer to the following link.
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048624/
    Hope everything's good with the new memory.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3