My setup is-
Intel Core i7 13700KF
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (16GBx2) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB
32GB
ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 BLADE 2TB PCIe Gen4x4 M.2 2280 SSD - windows 10 on
here on drive connected at the moment
3090ti GPU (this is just aircooled)
(i also have access to 1660 ti i am using as the 3090ti wasnt helping keep temperatures down!)
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 Power Supply

first off when i put this together i couldnt get it to boot so its how i ended up here
this thread pointed me in correct direction - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?131043-Asus-ROG-STRIX-Z690-F-GAMING-WIFI-DRAM-LED-lit-won-...

Now that i have it booting, fresh install of windows 10 home im having really high temperatures during gaming
i havent overclocked anything

13700KF is really hot, during gaming its 100 deg and i havent even looked to over clock it. I have a custom water cooling setup which handled a heavily overclocked delidded 8700k I have not been using the 13700KF setup at these temps, i have de-clocked it and reduced voltage and been able keep temps down to around 80/90 deg during load (havent used computer much at all its been off)

I have taken the water cooling setup out as i though the cpu waterblock was warped or i had done something massively wrong and installed a large
aftermarket arctic 2 air cooler "normal" air CPU cooler and it is worse. I have also ordered a new Waterblock to try, not that the old CPU water block looks warped or damaged

motherboard bios is up to date (Version 2103), might try at using an older bios Version 2004?
i havent been home much to investigate voltages... guessing the motherboards "default" voltages arent right? Hoping i can manually set everything and get temps under control. Anyone else been have these issues with their new Mb and CPU combination??

Can anyone help to suggest anything?

Thanks, Russell.
0 REPLIES 0