cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO Qcode 00

huppra
Level 7
So when gaming or even randomly using the desktop the system will black screen and shutdown with the Qcode - 00. Everywhere I search says the code is not used or means there is a CPU problem. Well this is now my 3rd 7950x and second ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO. Two 7950xs' have reported Qcode 00, and one was DOA would blue screen every boot . The two cpu's that report qcode 00 both seem to function fine for awhile before this happens but it happens at least once day.

The only changes made to the bios 0614,0705,0803,0805 have been a fan curve, and applying AMD Expo timings for the memory.

The first motherboard had bent pins so it was never used.

You can find the rest of my system specs attached to my profile on the drop down to the left.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
16 REPLIES 16

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi huppra,
Please clear cmos and check if the Qcode 00 also appears on 0705 with bios all default settings(no OC and no Expo).
In addition to CPU, please also refer to the following link to check the ram/slot and graphics card/slot.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043948/
Thank you.

fredepf
Level 7
I get the same problem whit my X670E Hero + 7950X .
Each time it's Hard reboot + QCODE 00 . I have to shut down the PSU because nothing work .
I somebody find the way to fix this it would be very appreciate .

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi fredepf,
Is the hard reboot you mean trying to turn on the pc after switch PSU off and on?
Did it occur since first build?
Does it also happen on 0805 with bios all default settings(no OC and no Expo)?
Please also refer to the instruction in the following link.
Thank you.

Hello all!

Thought I would respond to this thread. I actually got the 00 Q-code, it happened when I was playing with FCLK setting, and I think some of the ram settings. Thus, I pulled the power cord from the PSU, the hit the power button on my case, then turned off the PSU with its own switch, then lastly pressed the clear CMOS button on I/O panel. Then I plugged back in power cord to PSU, then turned PSU power switch back on, then pressed power button on case. The motherboard at this point is back in a default state, and did the memory training before posting, which it did post and gave the normal of settings has failed and press F1. I had already saved my working settings to the motherboard, so all I had to do was to re-load those & I was back in business. I hope this helps others out there, and I received my motherboard with some old BIOS 5xx something, I immediately updated to BIOS 805, and it has been very stable, no blue screens of death etc.

My build:

Windows 11 Pro
CORSAIR 7000D AIRFLOW Full-Tower
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X – over clocked to 5.5ghz all cores
G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR5 6000 CL30 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR
Crucial P3 Plus M.2 2280 4TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4 NVMe
CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 120-G2-1300-XR 80+ GOLD 1300W
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti XC3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING Video Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System - THX
Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE
Corsair MM700 RGB CH-9417070-WW Extended Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad
CORSAIR K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
AORUS FV43U 43" QLED UHD 4K 3840 x 2160 144Hz 1ms (MPRT) FreeSync Premium Pro

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi fredepf,
Is the hard reboot you mean trying to turn on the pc after switch PSU off and on?
Did it occur since first build?
Does it also happen on 0805 with bios all default settings(no OC and no Expo)?
Please also refer to the instruction in the following link.
Thank you.

I have the same problem On my X670e Crosshair Extreme, I randomly get the code 00 and a black screen, everything hangs, I have to turn off the psu and only then does it start working again I've tested everything other memories another CPU today I'm using a 7950x I've tested it With 7600x and 7700x I tested it with another psu I just haven't changed the motherboard yet but from what I've read on the forum a lot of people have this problem I've used bios 0705 and 0805

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Fcascardo,
Did it occur since first build? How often does the issue occur? 50%?
Please clear cmos and check if it also happen on 0805 with bios all default settings(no OC and no Expo).
In addition to RAM and CPU, please also check the graphics card if you use it.
Thank you.

Wayâ__
Level 9
I'm on a 7950x and HERO board here with 64GB of G.Skill DDR5 .

Got the 00 error after having the machine for nearly 2 months. Upgraded to 0805 and just had another 00 stop while playing New World.

It really pains me to critisize, but at the premium of the X670E boards i really expected these kind of issues to not exist.

@Asus - can you please give any kind of response on how to resolve this issue ? Not everyone can RMA the board / CPU just to "test" and see.

Temps were looking fine
PSU is a Corsair AX1600i
I only have 1 of the CPU power connectors on ( could this be an issue ? )

Looking forward to fixing this. I've had nothing but issues on this new platform since day 1. Immensely slow booting times, random BSODs, 00 stop codes and USB trouble.

Wayâ„¢;881657 wrote:
I'm on a 7950x and HERO board here with 64GB of G.Skill DDR5 .

Got the 00 error after having the machine for nearly 2 months. Upgraded to 0805 and just had another 00 stop while playing New World.

It really pains me to critisize, but at the premium of the X670E boards i really expected these kind of issues to not exist.

@Asus - can you please give any kind of response on how to resolve this issue ? Not everyone can RMA the board / CPU just to "test" and see.

Temps were looking fine
PSU is a Corsair AX1600i
I only have 1 of the CPU power connectors on ( could this be an issue ? )

Looking forward to fixing this. I've had nothing but issues on this new platform since day 1. Immensely slow booting times, random BSODs, 00 stop codes and USB trouble.

Dealing with the same issue. Common problem it seems. The fact that there is no solution is troubling.
For me every time I soft restart I get 00

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, Wayâ„¢ and jac3dd.

May I ask if your model is also the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO motherboard? Did you refer to the FAQ for troubleshooting when encountering the 00 error code?
Did you consult the FAQ to learn how to troubleshoot the 00 error code?

Please share the requested information for better understanding the situation.
- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.