Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

Did you repaste the CPU?

I’d recommend using the thermal Grizzly frame first and report back.*
    Caution with this, the thermal grizzly contact frame did NOT work with my z790 Hero MOBO, it just does not fit correctly. I don't know if it is something that happens with every z790 board or just some ASUS boards.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hi, can you describe what to specifically lookout for? I got a contact frame coming tomorrow and rather not screw up the mobo socket.

Thanks.

My cpu has an sp of 101 and the cooler 151 pts.

I ordered the frame someone recommended in this thread:

*Thermalright CPU Contact Frame Anti-Bending Buckle for LGA 1700 Retrofit Kit, 17XX-BCF Bracket Intel12 Generation,Black https://a.co/d/dpr4J8M
    Last edited by GuzMonster; 11-17-2022 at 02:24 PM.
    z790 maximus hero
    13900k intel
    4090 geforce
    tforce 7200 ddr5

New ROGer Array

watch this part also for the thermalright for the force to apply for tighten the screws https://youtu.be/zHXZMtWOVJ4?t=440

New ROGer Array Bukov. PC Specs
    Bukov. PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RoG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wifi
    ProcessorIntel i9-13900K Raptor Lake
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX5M2X6200C36 (16x2)
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
    MonitorLG Ultragear 27gp850 2k @ 180hz
    Storage #1WD sn850x 2tb
    Storage #2WD sn850x 2tb
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360 Infinity-fan
    CaseLian Li 011D-XL-RoG + 10x Lian Li Infinity fan
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1200 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 (red switches)
    Mouse Razor Lancehead TE
    Headset Sennheiser HD 569
    Mouse Pad iCEMAT
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z901 5.1
    OS Yes
    Network RouterSkynet beta 0.97
    Accessory #1 Valve Index
    Accessory #2 Tobii Eye/Head tracker
    Accessory #3 Xbox controller

Quote Originally Posted by GuzMonster View Post
    Yes It was a bad mount. But I still get core thermal throttling using cinebench at stock settings. I’m getting the frame anti bending and see if it helps.*
    Ahh yes. Guess I should've mentioned I am using the contact frame from TR. I never even tried the stock mount from Intel. lol oops. I'm just used to having to fix problems that exist before you even remove parts from boxes. Certainly not a perfect world.

Only other thing I should mention: After I remounted the cpu using some articsilver paste, it did throttle a bit after tho it was much better. However, the next day I guess the paste had 'settled' or whatever because it didn't throttle anymore. I ran cinebench without any throttling, so I flipped on A.I.OC and hit over 40,000 in cinebench with no throttle and no insane heat coming out of the top of my case. Seriously, it was nuts. I don't know how things didn't melt. lol.

Now if I can just get L-connect to stop randomly crashing windows, I'd be much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukov. View Post
    Ahh yes. Guess I should've mentioned I am using the contact frame from TR. I never even tried the stock mount from Intel. lol oops. I'm just used to having to fix problems that exist before you even remove parts from boxes. Certainly not a perfect world.

Only other thing I should mention: After I remounted the cpu using some articsilver paste, it did throttle a bit after tho it was much better. However, the next day I guess the paste had 'settled' or whatever because it didn't throttle anymore. I ran cinebench without any throttling, so I flipped on A.I.OC and hit over 40,000 in cinebench with no throttle and no insane heat coming out of the top of my case. Seriously, it was nuts. I don't know how things didn't melt. lol.

Now if I can just get L-connect to stop randomly crashing windows, I'd be much happier.
    Which cooler are you using?
    z790 maximus hero
    13900k intel
    4090 geforce
    tforce 7200 ddr5

New ROGer Array Bukov. PC Specs
    Bukov. PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RoG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wifi
    ProcessorIntel i9-13900K Raptor Lake
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX5M2X6200C36 (16x2)
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
    MonitorLG Ultragear 27gp850 2k @ 180hz
    Storage #1WD sn850x 2tb
    Storage #2WD sn850x 2tb
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360 Infinity-fan
    CaseLian Li 011D-XL-RoG + 10x Lian Li Infinity fan
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1200 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 (red switches)
    Mouse Razor Lancehead TE
    Headset Sennheiser HD 569
    Mouse Pad iCEMAT
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z901 5.1
    OS Yes
    Network RouterSkynet beta 0.97
    Accessory #1 Valve Index
    Accessory #2 Tobii Eye/Head tracker
    Accessory #3 Xbox controller

Quote Originally Posted by GuzMonster View Post
    Which cooler are you using?
    It's Lian Li's Galahad 360 but with their Infinity fans instead of the stock ones. Interestingly perhaps, the motherboard AI rated this setup at like 162, which is outside and higher than the range they give for AIO's, which was like 130-150 or something. Not that I'm complaining...think 170 was where custom water territory begins.
    Last edited by Bukov.; 11-18-2022 at 11:21 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    Hi, can you describe what to specifically lookout for? I got a contact frame coming tomorrow and rather not screw up the mobo socket.

Thanks.
    I tried using the grizzly one and it is not tall enough to reach the base of the mobo, it floats over it when put over the CPU mount platform (dunno how to call it :P). I've read the thermalright can work well enough, but I could not be able to fit the grizzly one, had to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread13 View Post
    I tried using the grizzly one and it is not tall enough to reach the base of the mobo, it floats over it when put over the CPU mount platform (dunno how to call it :P). I've read the thermalright can work well enough, but I could not be able to fit the grizzly one, had to return it.
    Hi, the TG frame is designed to float and not bottom out on the motherboard. I did find it rather problematic to install however. On the Z790 Apex the ILM screws are on the short side. I had to push down on the contact frame for the screws to engage the threads. If they had included screws that were just 0.5mm longer it would have been easy to install.
    Last edited by cx-ray; 11-28-2022 at 04:07 PM.

The TG frame did the job! CPU no longer throttles due to max core temperature. Thanks guys.
    z790 maximus hero
    13900k intel
    4090 geforce
    tforce 7200 ddr5

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast