cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Flare II Animate AniMe Matrix

dragonryder
Level 8
hey guys, just got this keyboard and have been loving it. i was just looking through the gallery for new artwork and i noticed there is an import button, did a little digging and found that yes, you can make your own animations. the only problem is that i seem to be having a hard time finding information on what kinds of files can be used. i assume its just a GIF but i can't find any info on resolution or file size also curious about the shape of the matrix affecting stuff. anyone know of a good guide or could just tell me the info?
6 REPLIES 6

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi dragonryder,
I'll consult our tech team to see if there is any specifications of animations file.
Thank you.

xeromist
I also tested some different GIFs and found some work better than others. My initial findings were that black and white images with thicker lines work best. Thin lines tend to get lost in the conversion. Anything else you find, please share so we can grow our body of knowledge regarding DIY matrix animations.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi dragonryder,
After consulted our tech team, we don't limit resolution or file size of the animation.
When you insert image or .gif animation in animation mode, it will show supported files after click file browser like below.
Also, you can refer to the following link to import .webmatrix file.
https://rog.asus.com/anime-matrix-pixel-editor/
Thank you.

dragonryder
Level 8
thank you guys, i really appreciate the help!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you tried the Pixel Editor?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128783-NEW-Anime-Matrix-Pixel-Editor-for-your-ROG-Strix-Fl...

dragonryder
Level 8
test, no text is displaying on this page for me aside from in this box