cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number problem on GPU and doesent accepted to service

carman1tr
Level 7
Hello to all,

I bought an Asus Radeon Rog Strix RX 6800XT LC OC brand and model graphics card in Turkey, from Vatan Bilgisayar web sales.
In this video card, there was a clicking sound from the fans and there was a coil whine problem. In addition to these problems, due to the loud noises coming from the pump (loud sounds like breaking), I took it to the Asus authorized service.
The service gentelman looked for the sticky paper with the serial number on the back metal plate of the product. However, that paper remained in the protective gelatin when removing it because the protective gelatin also included that sticky paper.
Because of that, they didint accept the GPU to service.
As far as I have seen in many videos where this product is reviewed on YouTube, all cards serial number on almost every product comes out with protective gelatin. In 2 reviews I have seen taken after a certain date, the protective gelatin is DESIGNED SHORTER and does not touch the part with the serial number. It is clear that a correction has been made in the gelatin design. It is understood from here that this problem is not related to the user, but is caused by the manufacturer's faulty gelatin design.

I went to law for this. But the main problem, i keep touching authorised people and they say this is about ASUS Global/Taiwan and they cant do anything...

Hey ASUS Global/Taiwan! you can't make people pay for your own mistakes!!

So do you in USA or in Europe or anywhere else, have a problem like this?

Asus dont have Work ethic anymore... I stopped buying Asus products... An advice; do the same!
6 REPLIES 6

Murph_9000
Level 14
That first picture is strange. How can the label be on the protective film, but there is also torn sticker residue on the board's backplate? It looks like someone has peeled the sticker off the backplate.

Murph_9000 wrote:
That first picture is strange. How can the label be on the protective film, but there is also torn sticker residue on the board's backplate? It looks like someone has peeled the sticker off the backplate.

Hello. There is a manufacturing defect on protective film. This mistake was later fixed. But it is not my problem.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi carman1tr,
We will discuss more about your case with our local team.
As the serial number is private data, we would suggest remove the photo in the public thread.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi carman1tr,
We will discuss more about your case with our local team.
As the serial number is private data, we would suggest remove the photo in the public thread.
Thank you.

Hello. I changed the photo. Thank you.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi carman1tr,
Our local team have contacted you yesterday for your case.
Thank you.

STARRAIN@ROG wrote:
Hi carman1tr,
Our local team have contacted you yesterday for your case.
Thank you.

Thank you. I should first write here to someone hear me. But it is too late because i already went to consumer arbitration committee for this problem. Now i am waiting for result.
I posted this thread to pay attention for grievances.

But thank you soo many times for your kindness.