Did you mean: 

processor motherboard pins

kamaleont_007
Level 7
Do you think there is something wrong??
7 REPLIES 7

Murph_9000
Level 14
The top image does look like possible pin damage, the bottom not so much (although there are a couple of spots that could be damage). Can't say for sure, as the image resolution is too low, and a bit blurry.

Murph_9000 wrote:
The top image does look like possible pin damage, the bottom not so much (although there are a couple of spots that could be damage). Can't say for sure, as the image resolution is too low, and a bit blurry.

when i turn on the pc qcode 00
the screen stops at the asus rog logo and i can't access the bios
battery removed etc etc. but nothing

kamaleont_007 wrote:
when i turn on the pc qcode 00
the screen stops at the asus rog logo and i can't access the bios
battery removed etc etc. but nothing

in picture 1 it looks like at least 5 pins are looking off. but in picture 2 it looks fine.

i was having some code 00 issues when turning docp on and it turned out to be a cpu problem so i can def see that being that the pins are maybe not making contact.

if u can return the board and get a replacement i would bet most stores aren't going to take a board back with bent pins. amazon would most likely but any place else i doubt it. most local stores around me for boards that have the pins in the socket they force to look at it with them and sign a paper saying u looked and seen it was fine. that way i u come back with bent pins they can just tell u to go away since it left with out bent pins.

good morning Do you think the processor is bad?

kamaleont_007 wrote:
good morning Do you think the processor is bad?

Can't really say much about it. It looks like there's a bit of crud or damage or something between two of the gold pads, but the resolution of the image is too low to really see what it is. If it's just crud on the surface, gently clean it off with some isopropyl alcohol (be careful to avoid using anything abrasive, don't scratch it up; those gold contact pads are small, thin, and a little delicate).

Murph_9000 wrote:
Can't really say much about it. It looks like there's a bit of crud or damage or something between two of the gold pads, but the resolution of the image is too low to really see what it is. If it's just crud on the surface, gently clean it off with some isopropyl alcohol (be careful to avoid using anything abrasive, don't scratch it up; those gold contact pads are small, thin, and a little delicate).

it's not dirty already cleaned with isopropyl alcohol

the motherboard has been replace*
the processor works perfectly
sp 117 what does this data mean????