cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero - error 0F

74lobster
Level 10
Hello everyone, as you already know I have an Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero motherboard with Z590 chipset.

Sometimes the pc fails to initialize the boot and the error code 0F appears on the display on the card.

To restart the motherboard I have to disconnect the PC from the electric energy, wait a few minutes without energy,
after which the situation returns to normal and the motherboard boots correctly.

Does anyone know what this means and how I could fix this sporadic problem?

Thanks for your attention.
74lobster
9 REPLIES 9

Saltgrass
Level 13
The 0F appears to mean the Microcode is not loading. When I see Microcode, I think of firmware updates and updating the Microcode for the processor.

I have seen comments about the Microcode from other users but all I know is the Bios situation.

Does it make any difference if it is a restart or a cold boot?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
The 0F appears to mean the Microcode is not loading. When I see Microcode, I think of firmware updates and updating the Microcode for the processor.

I have seen comments about the Microcode from other users but all I know is the Bios situation.

Does it make any difference if it is a restart or a cold boot?

The only way to restore the motherboard to work is to unplug the PC power supply from the mains.
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
The only way to restore the motherboard to work is to unplug the PC power supply from the mains.

When you do that, it normally requires the system to reboot and reset or re-read certain values, such as XMP.

You have basically the same system but I am not seeing your situation. I will research updating the processor's microcode.

You might check and see if you can reset Bios defaults or re-install the latest Bios update.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
When you do that, it normally requires the system to reboot and reset or re-read certain values, such as XMP.

You have basically the same system but I am not seeing your situation. I will research updating the processor's microcode.

You might check and see if you can reset Bios defaults or re-install the latest Bios update.

Thanks for the answer.

I have already the last bios version installed (1402), but I can try to install it again...

Before doing this, what is the procedure to perform a bios reset ?
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
Thanks for the answer.

I have already the last bios version installed (1402), but I can try to install it again...

Before doing this, what is the procedure to perform a bios reset ?

There are procedures in the owner's manual for different situations. If your last Bios update installed normally there may be something else going on, such as a problem with the processor.

Try setting the Bios back to its default values and see if that changes anything you are seeing. We can only assume the error code is correct, but it may not be completely accurate or something else is causing the situation.

I looked at the microcode situation and it appears too complicated for me to suggest fixes.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
There are procedures in the owner's manual for different situations. If your last Bios update installed normally there may be something else going on, such as a problem with the processor.

Try setting the Bios back to its default values and see if that changes anything you are seeing. We can only assume the error code is correct, but it may not be completely accurate or something else is causing the situation.

I looked at the microcode situation and it appears too complicated for me to suggest fixes.

I reverted the bios to its default values and now all seems to be ok, thanks a lot for the advice, we will see if the issue is definitly solved ort not... 😮
74lobster

74lobster
Level 10
The only way to restore the motherboard to work is to unplug the PC power supply from the mains...
74lobster

pndiode
Level 11
Is your power supply plugged into the wall socket, power strip, or surge protector strip?

pndiode wrote:
Is your power supply plugged into the wall socket, power strip, or surge protector strip?

Wall socket.
74lobster