cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Launches The GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP

X-ROG
Level 15
The GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II builds on Nvidia's latest GK114 graphics core, giving it even more power from 10-phase VRM and a chunky DirectCU II cooler with dual 100mm fans, giving a 143MHz factory-OC to 1.2GHz GPU. The 6+8 pin power is also non-stacked, you'll be glad to hear!

To read the full PR click the article here:

http://rog.asus.com/107162012/graphics-cards-2/asus-launches-the-geforce-gtx-680-directcu-ii-top/
27 REPLIES 27

aznsteil
Level 7
Hey Asus Team,

I've waited for this card so long, and now it's there! On the other hand side I'm disapointed. A three slot design again?

[personal opinion]
I think a user who buys this card for ~500 bucks is an enthausiast. And what does enthausiats want? More than one card in a System, in my case three. I already bought the Rampage IV Extreme for a 3 way SLI 680 configuration. But your 3 Slot design ruins my plans (again).
[/personal opinion]

Sorry Asus, but even I really want, I can not buy this product from you. And many other enthausiasts may share my opinion. Now I'm at least hoping that you will bring a RoG version of this card in a 2 slot design. Your cards are very good, don't "ruin" it with your oversized design.

Greetings aznsteil

lucifer_sam
Level 7
MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
The GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II builds on Nvidia's latest GK114 graphics core,

So thats different to the GK104 in the regular 680s?

I'm new to the whole desktop building business and i own a vga-less maximus gene-z. Does this sexy card fit? :confused:

Pudgyman wrote:
I'm new to the whole desktop building business and i own a vga-less maximus gene-z. Does this sexy card fit? :confused:

3 slot asus 6950 dcii

covers the sli slot but fits.

rhozac
Level 9
Im on a 30" screen with 2560x1600, with another smaller screen for watching vids next to it, and later another with a lengthy cable for another room, and dont want to risk topping the memory in games coming this year+, and current games in ultra. So im wondering are there any plans for a 4gb or larger variant?, also have you considered a single-slot closed loop water-cooling solution? The main problem i could see is the length of the tubing. Even tho a custom water cooling solution might be better, i would buy this in a heartbeat. Maybe offer various lengths of tubing so you could fit a 3-4 sli setup. If i could buy a TOP ROG version like this id be a well happy ROG'er. Buy one now, buy another in a few months for sli, and slip on a few more later if needed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R4E, 3960x@stock, 16gb gskill 1600mhz cl9, cooler master cosmos 2, intel 520 60gb ssd, h100.

RonanC
Level 10
palit have released a 4gb jetstream, I am sure asus will pull out a 4gb version, possibly the 680 matrix will be 4gb? 😄 my money is saved in the potty for the 680 matrix

I have to agree with the disappointment in the three slot design. Not only that but why does this have the older fan shroud design and not the new ones found on the 7970 and 7870 versions? I too patiently waited to see what the Asus team had up their sleeves for the 680 but a 3 slot design has limiting options for a rig especially in sli/cf situations. I'll have to look for a 2 slot option. -_-

rhozac
Level 9
I still don't see the reasoning behind these extravagant fan solutions. I mean with a waterblock, you get 1 slot setup, and the only fan used would be on a small radiator at low speeds. Save on sound, space, heat, possible setup configurations. Substract the fans/heatpipes and the rest of the normal cooling material with a water backplate tube and radiator. I dont see it beeing that much of a difference. And even it if is more than what you pay for a single loop custom watercooling setup for one card. It would still be attractive to me, as i wont have to get into water cooling to in depth. Maybe later ill upgrade to a fully custom water cooling rig. But this would be a great starter. Like the corsair HXXX series. Except here the block would be preinstalled.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R4E, 3960x@stock, 16gb gskill 1600mhz cl9, cooler master cosmos 2, intel 520 60gb ssd, h100.

Fedoteh
Level 7
Mmm, i like the 3 slots design. Maybe because i'm not doing 3-way SLI. However, with my R4E, would i be able to do SLI between the two X16 PCI-X 3.0 slots? Or the 3 slots just mess it all?