cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG RTX 3080 OC Turning off PC

GhostlyHoots
Level 7
Just got a new ASUS ROG Thor 1000w PSU thinking it would fix me having to have my ASUS ROG RTX 3080 OC only at 80% power limit so it wouldn't just shut off my PC but it didn't fix anything it still shuts off when the power spikes randomly. Do I just send back my PSU and get a refund or RMA my RTX 3080 because I don't know what to do now is it the 3080?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
If I understand correctly, you have tried two different PSUs (same model?) and both shut off randomly when your PC is under load? But when you set the GPU power limit to 80% it doesn't happen? Without swapping PC parts I suppose you could buy an inline power meter like a kill a watt and see if you are either getting massive power spikes or voltage sag on your home power circuit. Unfortunately if you are just getting massive transient power spikes those can be fractions of a second and may not show up on a meter.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, GhostlyHoots.

May I ask if you motherboard model is the ASUS Maximus X Formula?
Could you please provide the current BIOS version and the GPU firmware version?
If it is not the latest firmware, it is recommended that you update to the latest version first.

Is the device you are currently using the same as that shown in your profile?
In addition to the title, is it possible for you to supply the brand and model of the PSU that has been cross-tested with?

Thank you.
Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂