cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with asus rog strix rtx 4090 oc temps

tomerturbo
Level 7
hello everyone i have asus rog strix 4090 oc for one month when i first install the gpu in 3dmark time spy and games my gpu temp was at 60c today my temps in the same benchmark go to 65-67c my room temps is the same 20c WHY IS my gpu get hotter does i have problem with my cooler?
5 REPLIES 5

kubr0
Level 7
since you first installed your GPU a lot could've changed. During that month, have you updated the vBIOS of the GPU? Any other changes to the PC? Is the GPU running at the same frequency in the benchmark as before? Is the score in 3dmark the same, or has it increased?

kubr0 wrote:
since you first installed your GPU a lot could've changed. During that month, have you updated the vBIOS of the GPU? Any other changes to the PC? Is the GPU running at the same frequency in the benchmark as before? Is the score in 3dmark the same, or has it increased?

yes i update from asus website vbios of the gpu i have 13900k it was overclock now its stock the 3dmark score is the same and somtimes lower my time spy got hotter i dont know why

kubr0
Level 7
clearly a lot of changed, so maybe you should start by trying to put the OC on the CPU back and re-run those tests? If it performs the same and the temperature doesn't drop, then the new vBIOS might've had an effect too. However, 5 degrees isn't really much so I'm not sure if it is worth wasting your time on it

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

If we ignore any break-in period for the thermal compound through heat cycling - change in drivers, boost behavior, VBIOS, case airflow may also account for any temperature variation. I would not be concerned, these are huge chips.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

F1Aussie
Level 11
For comparison purposes mine gets up to 72 Celcius which is still below the 84 max. it is summer here and it sits in the warmest room in the house.