cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random signal drops from graphics card (X670e Hero)

Eclecticdarknes
Level 7
Good Morning y'all,

I've put in a ticket for this with my GPU manufacturer but I wanted to come here and troubleshoot whether this could possibly be board related before I RMA a 4090. I'm having an issue where seemingly completely randomly the graphics card will drop signal to the monitor, the GPU fans will spin up to 100%, sound will be stuck in a constant loop of whatever was playing last, and the only way to fix it is to hard reset the PC. This has happened on average 3-4 times a day but it does go several days without it happening occasionally, and also will happen more than that on bad days (yesterday it did this 7 times).

I've thrown everything I could possibly think at at this issue. I've clean installed driver, clean installed windows multiple times, changed ram modules, disabled pci-e link in power plan, disabled USB selective suspend, changed UCLK to equal MEMCLK, stress tested in 3DMARK, changed PSU cables, updated all firmware, and still this issue persists. If anyone has any insight on this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Build is
Asus Crosshair 670e Hero
AMD Ryzen 7900x
Corsair H150i elite capellix
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
64gb Corsair Dominator 5600
Corsair HXi 1000
WD Black x850x nvme
Corsair 5000D case
3 REPLIES 3

DDsKiNyDD
Level 7
Hello, which BIOS version is on your Hero board?

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO BIOS 0705
Version 0705
9.17 MB 2022/10/11

"Update AGESA version to ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.3 patch A
Improve system performance
Improve GPU compatibility for GeForce RTX 40 series

Hey, I'd like to provide an update to this issue-- the crashing turned out to be caused by a faulty power supply. I replaced it 3 weeks ago and haven't had this issue occur since. Anyone else who has this issue in the future, try a different power supply, I suspect the 4090 may be a bit touchy about PSUs. Cheers!

nunorelvao
Level 9
Eclecticdarkness wrote:
Good Morning y'all,

I've put in a ticket for this with my GPU manufacturer but I wanted to come here and troubleshoot whether this could possibly be board related before I RMA a 4090. I'm having an issue where seemingly completely randomly the graphics card will drop signal to the monitor, the GPU fans will spin up to 100%, sound will be stuck in a constant loop of whatever was playing last, and the only way to fix it is to hard reset the PC. This has happened on average 3-4 times a day but it does go several days without it happening occasionally, and also will happen more than that on bad days (yesterday it did this 7 times).

I've thrown everything I could possibly think at at this issue. I've clean installed driver, clean installed windows multiple times, changed ram modules, disabled pci-e link in power plan, disabled USB selective suspend, changed UCLK to equal MEMCLK, stress tested in 3DMARK, changed PSU cables, updated all firmware, and still this issue persists. If anyone has any insight on this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Build is
Asus Crosshair 670e Hero
AMD Ryzen 7900x
Corsair H150i elite capellix
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
64gb Corsair Dominator 5600
Corsair HXi 1000
WD Black x850x nvme
Corsair 5000D case

I have experienced same problem, Crosshair Hero /7950x/ tuf 4090 OC/32gb 6000 Expo/ thor P2 platinum 1200w/2x 2gb m2 seagate barracuda, without any OC, just Expo II. But it is very occasionally with 0805 BIOS.

One advice see my post on page 30, dont upgrade to 0922 it is worse! Feeling seriously mad 😡 about this issues for a supposedly top of the line MB.