cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no video output on display port

zavier66
Level 7
Since changing my Asus dual RX6600xt OC 8gb to a new mother board (MSI mag b660m mortar wifi ddr4) I can no longer get video output from the displayport ports, only from the HDMI port. The card worked fine in the past on the prior gigabyte ga b75m d3h mobo.

Initially on installation to the MSI mobo I had large problems with repeated BSOD every few minutes especially with crashes every time I would try to install the AMD drivers. I tried 3 different AMD driver sets and also tried a 3rd party driver installer along with DDU but all the driver installations resulted in BSOD before completion. Eventually the crashes stopped after I did another fresh WIn 10 home reinstall and reseated the videocard and removed a few other cables to the mobo that were not absolutely needed like the optical drive and front panel usbs I finally stopped getting crashes and was able to do a clean install of the AMD 22.11.2 adrenaline drivers. But then I had no display port video. For a while I had to use the onboard graphics mobo display port to get video because there was no otuput from the 6600xt display port but then I did find the HDMI on the 6600xt works fine. I went back and reinstalled the AMD drivers after DDU in safe mode but I still have no display port output on the 6600xt, only on the mobo. I bought a new dispay port cable and it does not work on the 6600xt either.

I have seen some reports of lack of video output after driver change on the 6000 and 5000 series cards without clear way of fixing the problem or with improvement after rollback to older drivers . I believe I tried drivers from 2021 and 2020 without improvement in crashes but I did not write those down unfortunately. I am a afraid to try a different set now that the machine has stopped crashing.

If anyone has advice as to how to get the display ports functioning again I would like to hear it.

System info:
asus dual RX 6600xt OC 8gb
AMD drivers 22.11.2
windows home 64bt 22H2
MSI mag b660m mortar wifi ddr4 mobo
EVGA 850w GT PSU gold
corsair vengeance pro RGB ddr4 8gbx4 3200
I5 12400 cpu
seagate 2 TB HDD
enthoo luxe full tower case
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello zavier66

Welcome to the ROG forum.

What monitor do you have? Does pressing the power button turn it on with the DP cable?

Have you updated the motherboard bios to the latest?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello zavier66

Welcome to the ROG forum.

What monitor do you have? Does pressing the power button turn it on with the DP cable?

Have you updated the motherboard bios to the latest?

The monitor is AOC q2778qve, though I have not been able to update the drivers as the AOC site was down when I tried. Restarting the monitor did not help.

What did help was changing the bios from version 1.3 3/23/22 to version 1.9 11/10/22, which appears to have restored my display port video so far! I want to run some further tests, but thanks so much for
the excellent help!

AnnaFrost
Level 9

I think the problem may be related to the drivers. Although, you can try to solve this problem by converting image-to-video and look at the result. I think this method can help you fix the errors. But, I would advise you to turn to professionals to save time and be 100% sure of the result. Sometimes, this is the best option to achieve the desired result.