cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.Skill RAM RGB management

Snqk3
Level 10
Hello,
I can synchronise my RAM modules with Aura Sync, but if I want to manage their RGB in Armoury Crate without Aura Sync (like I can do with my mouse, for example), I can't (not appearing in devices list) :

Is it a "normal" operation ? Do I have to use G.Skill software to manage RAM RGB without Aura Sync ?

Thanks 🙂
26 REPLIES 26

Snqk3
Level 10
By the way what does this "N" means on the LC please ?

pndiode
Level 11
Aura Creator is required to synchronize G-Skill RAM modules. And you are no longer able to control the individual LEDS on the G-Skill RAM modules.

N = means update requires download.

Personally, I expected that ASUS would have implemented their new LED products in AURA Sync version 1.07.84_V2 software to control LEDs. Armoury Crate bloatware; do not forget to click on Featured, News, Dashboard (AI Suite), etc.

I never used G.Skill software to manage RAM RGB with AURA Sync version 1.07.84_V2 or Amoury Crate Aura Sync, so I do not know about that.

However, if there is a software conflict with G-Skill and Amoury Crate Aura Sync, please let everyone know.

Thanks.

For the "N" that what I thought but Armoury Crate says all my system is up to date, so I didn't know why it stays...

For the RAM, I don't really want to use G.Skill software if I can do what I want with AC, but if I understood your answer, it's impossible to separatly manage them in AC without the synchronisation of Aura Sync ?

I did a complete Armoury Crate uninstall (with uninstall tool) for another reasons and after reinstall, no more "N" on my LC 😉

Nate152
Nice, the red N is for either an update at the update center or to sync your profiles.

You should be able to control your G.Skill RGB ram in Armoury Crate.

What you have to do is...

Install the G.Skill RGB Lighting control software, configure a setting with it, open task manager, click the Start up tab and disable the G.Skill lighting control program.

Reboot and you should have control of your RGB ram in Armoury Crate.

OK I will try, thanks 🙂

This is what I made :

- Uncheck RAM from Aura Sync in Armoury Crate
- Installation of G.Skill RBG software (with option "not automatically launch app at startup" when asked)
- Reboot
- Setup RAM lightning
- Reboot

Then I opened Armoury Crate and my RAM are not in device list :

So maybe it's not possible to manage RAM lightning in "stand alone" mode with Armoury Crate...

Nate152
I don't have RGB ram so I can't say for sure but check two places.

1) In the Armoury Crate device list, click on your ROG Strix Z690-A motherboard and see if your ram shows on any of the tabs.

2) Aura Creator - In the Armoury Crate device list click Aura Sync, click the Aura effects tab, click the Aura Creator button near the middle. At the top left of Aura Creator click "Available devices".

Do you see your ram? If not, click on PC components beside Device.

pic - 97031

Nate152 wrote:
I don't have RGB ram so I can't say for sure but check two places.

1) In the Armoury Crate device list, click on your ROG Strix Z690-A motherboard and see if your ram shows on any of the tabs.

2) Aura Creator - In the Armoury Crate device list click Aura Sync, click the Aura effects tab, click the Aura Creator button near the middle. At the top left of Aura Creator click "Available devices".

Do you see your ram? If not, click on PC components beside Device.

pic - 97031

1) No tab for RAM in the motherboard section

2) Before doing the steps described before, the RAM were available in Aura Creator. But now they don't 😞

And the "N" came back on the LC in Armoury Crate... I feel headache incoming