cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block VPN

Mjs0708
Level 7
Is there anyway to block my step kids from using VPN's from my router? He uses Expressvpn. I have the Asus gaming router.
4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Level 14
Since you are a parent/guardian I would contact ExpressVPN and explain your concern/ask for help.

jzchen wrote:
Since you are a parent/guardian I would contact ExpressVPN and explain your concern/ask for help.

This is probably the stupidest answer you can provide. He is asking a valid question on how to use the Asus product and block VPN and you refer him to a third party vendor.
It is like asking the car vendor about the faulty radio and then telling the client to contact the radio station.

marty99 wrote:
This is probably the stupidest answer you can provide. He is asking a valid question on how to use the Asus product and block VPN and you refer him to a third party vendor.
It is like asking the car vendor about the faulty radio and then telling the client to contact the radio station.

I've only seen instructions on how to create VPNs not how to block them, on any ASUS router literature. If you know the answer then show it, don't just call someone's answer stupid.

I don’t use a VPN but went to ExpressVPNs website. There are all sorts of instructions on setup for example Windows. This is completely irrespective of Router brand/model….

marty99 wrote:

VPN companies have spent millions of dollars to evade blocking. There is no magic setting to completely prevent their use. Blacklisting domains and IPs might work for a while until a user switches VPN providers. It's a moving target. Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line and never enter a technological arms race with a teenager.

This is a disciplinary problem, not a technological one.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…