Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I dont know if it has to do with the mb

Hey everyone.
    first of all i don't know if my problem has to do with the motherboard since no one doesn't know my problem so i think it might be the mb.
    i am having a really weird problem on my monitor i can see there is a huge black stripe over the top under the panel i though it was the monitor first so i switched to another one and the problem still continues.[so its not the monitor 100%].
    here a picture how it really looks like on my monitor:

i am using 24 inch screen 1920x1080 60ghz 16:9 i tried to adjust the screen but no luck..tried to disable crossfire and even tried with every single card and its the same...
    iv'e been in lots of forums some dude's tried to help me they was thinking i might have a problem with the gpu's but i think they are wrong because i took out every single gpu and tried with each gpu and the problem still continues..even when i boot up my pc i can see the black stripe over the MB image..so not in windows only i tried to reset clrcmos and took the battery out for 10 minutes and no luck its all the same...
    i really don't know what to do really worried about the problem...

my rig:
    Rampage iv Extreme
    CF 6850
    16GB of RAM
    Last edited by borkaman; 04-14-2012 at 03:38 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Might be a good idea to list the things you have tried, so we do not waste our time suggesting things you have already done

Change your cable would be my first suggestion.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Onsagharrned

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Might be a good idea to list the things you have tried, so we do not waste our time suggesting things you have already done

Change your cable would be my first suggestion.
    Here are the things i tried and they don't work.
    1.Reflash the bios.
    2.Disable CF.
    3.Try with every single GPU.
    4.took the battery out for 10 minutes.
    5.Tried a different DVI TO DVI Cable.
    6.Tried a different monitor.
    7.Restore factory settings.
    that's all.

ROG Enthusiast Array Radiant mind's Avatar

Try flipping the switch to the secondary motherboard BIOS to see if the problem still exists. Is there a different type of input you can use on your video card such as HDMI or display?

Try a single GPU in each of the available PCIe slots as well.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant mind View Post
    Try flipping the switch to the secondary motherboard BIOS to see if the problem still exists. Is there a different type of input you can use on your video card such as HDMI or display?

Try a single GPU in each of the available PCIe slots as well.
    what do you mean by flipping the switch to the secondary mb bios?how do i do that?...
    my monitor is using DVI to DVI i used another monitor with HDMI to HDMI and it was the same...

ROG Enthusiast Array Radiant mind's Avatar

BIOS Switch

There is red button at the very bottom right corner of the board, it should be labeled (BIOS_SWITCH) printed on the PCB. While your machine is turned off, but still plugged in, press that button. You should see an amber light jump from one of the BIOS chips to the secondary. Its usually for backup purposes if something goes wrong, but its worth a shot trying the 2nd BIOS since you are still having issues.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant mind View Post
    There is red button at the very bottom right corner of the board, it should be labeled (BIOS_SWITCH) printed on the PCB. While your machine is turned off, but still plugged in, press that button. You should see an amber light jump from one of the BIOS chips to the secondary. Its usually for backup purposes if something goes wrong, but its worth a shot trying the 2nd BIOS since you are still having issues.
    How does the button look like?Do i have to press one time or i need to press and hold?are you talking about GO_BUTTON?can you mark it in paint please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25hzg95.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	7714
    Last edited by borkaman; 04-14-2012 at 04:12 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Must say I am at a bit of a loss to understand how a motherboard would in any way impact on the output of a VGA card.

What I would like to see happen is your run those cards in another system.

Bottom left hand corner. next to the sata ports
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Ok i did the bios switch its still the same problem...i don't have any other systems to test with all my friends are using laptop...

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

oboy .. i got a bad feeling on this one .. one of those .. you try everything..
    except the simplest .. most obvious.

did you try a different monitor ? I have had issue between one display and
    the next ...
    are you saying that you see the bios boot screens .. but when it hits windows..
    you see the above screen?
    if so ... have you tried entering safe mode ? to check settings ..
    if you can get in safe mode ... go in msconfig and disable catylst ...
    ....not stepping over what anyone else said ... adding the before ...... with all due respect.
    im thinking we got the cart in front of the horse here .....c.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast