cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Formula VRM waterblock corrosion refund

EconomyFishFing
Level 7
Good afternoon everyone,

I need some advice as I have a z690 Formula and have used the VRM waterblock constantly.

I reached out to Asus support to get advice on a refund or replacement and this was the response I got:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting the ASUS UK Support Team. We value you as a customer and your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us.
My name is Cristian and it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way possible.

Firstly, I am very sorry you have had some problems with your unit and can fully understand your frustrations.

The choice of whether or not to install a waterblock or other cooling solutions is up to the customer. However, please keep in mind that Asus is not liable for any tampering or damage done to any of our devices, through improper use and installation. Make sure to carefully read the manual of the cooling system you intend to use.

I do hope that this has been of some help to you.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxx
Asus Customer Service

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the response I got makes me feel like I am apparently being blamed for the corrosion that is a result of Asus engineers, and as pointed out on this page I am entitled to return the motherboard for a full refund:

https://rog.asus.com/uk/articles/maximus-motherboards/an-important-update-for-rog-maximus-z690-formu...

Please can any customer support help me regarding this as I would like to return this motherboard as highlighted by Asus themselves as defective.

kind regards,
Andrew
1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, EconomyFishFinger.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Could you share your serial number and contact information via PM?
I will forward your case to our local team and follow up to assist you further.

Thank you.