cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber foot came off, or is this how laptop tech support is supposed to work?

Retired
Not applicable
The first time I brought my new G73 with me out of the house, one of the rubber feet came off and I lost it. I called ASUS tech support and they told me to call Newegg, where I bought the laptop from. Is this right? Why did they do that? What's the fastest way for me to get a replacement foot? I can glue it on myself.
11 REPLIES 11

Chastity
Level 10
You need to call again, and if you get another PITA rep, ask for a supervisor. Others have gotten replacement feet.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
I called again and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that they would have to RMA the whole laptop and replace the entire bottom panel. I told him that I can't do that because I need this laptop for Officer Training School and can't afford to have anything happen to it or there be a delay in shipping it back to me. He told me he'd call back Wednesday when the factory opens.

xeromist
Honestly I'd just go to a hardware store and find some rubber the right thickness; cut a piece, glue it, and be done.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Chastity
Level 10
I've seen them mail out new feet, so be patient and see how it goes. BTW, you can find dense rubber like that at hardware stores, and cut a piece out as suggested earlier, and glue it in place.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
dave, can you pm me the supervisors name? was this a asus call center or direct asus? often calls might get forwarded to an authorized service provider.

Retired
Not applicable
I reached a supervisor today. It's a call-center. Brian, I PMed you his name. I was told again that I need to RMA the laptop.

Retired
Not applicable
The feet, and the knobs protecting the screen began jumping off on day 1.
Two of the feet managed to get away.

What is the best way to go about getting these replaced?

jorlanm
Level 7
I actualy dont use the rubber foot...I got these rubber bottoms that I use that is thcker than the stock ones and raises my G73sw-3DE almost 1/4" and gives me better venting on the bottom
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Hey guys I have the same problem. Bums me out that I can't find it anywhere I've been re-tracing my steps to find where it fell off. But can I get new ones form Asus? If so, what number or steps do I have to go through to find i?