Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Screenshots below

Well I think its working because my OC Key is showing that the clock is set to what its set in the BIOS, however CPU-Z and OCCT are still showing the x12 clock. Thoughts? Also i did a stress test for a while and didnt go above 42c, does that mean I should OC more? Dont want to over do it or bite off more than I can chew, just asking lots of questions cause thats what nubs like me do to learn =).

Once again thanks to everyone for their help, especially The Nemisis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	8159

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	8160

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	241.3 KB 
ID:	8161

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	8162

These screenshots were taking while running a full CPU load in OCCT.

ROG Member Array

Another problem, Think I should RMA my board

So earlier I posted my reply with screen shots that I was able to get the over clock working by copying Nemisis's settings from his screen shots. However, Since then I have rebooted once and changed absolutely nothing and it now boots up with the x12 multiplier showing in the OC Key monitor. I then went back into the BIOS, hit F5 followed by F10 and the machine still booted with x12 multiplier. I thought that maybe my memory could be the issue, so I pulled some Corsair Dominator DDR3 6GB (2gx3) out of another machine and used it to replace the memory in the Rampage IV. Using optimized defaults in BIOS settings, still boots with x12 multiplier with this other RAM.

Is it time to RMA the board or could I have a different issue. I have never had this much trouble with an Asus product before and its driving me crazy and costing me lots of time / money.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Hit the mem OK button.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Rookie suggestion

my system used to run at x12 even when not over clocked running bryce 7 pro renders and that gets the cpu to an average 88% load so then I set my multiplier to a permanent 4.4GHz and the issues gone. In my opinion the issue might be that the cpu turbo just doesn't figure out when to up the power because another time it ran at 3.9GHz but I was doing absolutely nothing. So try to set it to something like x20 permanent. If that works than just set it to a speed you like.
    At least this is what works for me a but I'm using a 3960x not 3930k but it could be the same issue.

TeamROG Overclocking Member Array The Nemesis's Avatar

My memory is set to 1.6v I will try to take better picks. My hardware was listed in my first post. Could you download heaven. Start it up windowed with cpuz open and see if your clock change. I'm going to the Pate swap meet this weekend at the speedway near you so mabye we can hook up and get this thing solved. Don't r.m.a. just yet could be any number of things.
    Praetor
    » i7 990X 3101A239
    » Asus Rampage III Black Edition
    » Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
    » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
    » Corsiar Force Series 180GB
    » CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
    » Microcool Banchetto 101
    Defiant
    » G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

ROG Member Array

Nemisis,
    That would rock man! Ill buy your lunch or pay you for your time! Ill send you a PM with my infoz. I sure hope you can fix this crazy board.

TeamROG Overclocking Member Array The Nemesis's Avatar

Just following up, use AIDA64 for some quick stability test.
    Praetor
    » i7 990X 3101A239
    » Asus Rampage III Black Edition
    » Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
    » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
    » Corsiar Force Series 180GB
    » CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
    » Microcool Banchetto 101
    Defiant
    » G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

New ROGer Array

I have the same problem, how can I fix it???
    The CPU-Z show that my CPU is only using a x12 multiplier

ROG Member Array

Cool x12 Multiplier Issue

In case no one has told any of you that are getting the x12 multiplier issue this is because you haven't selected your power management in Windows 7 so by default it is running on balanced power which reduces the multiplier until the CPU needs the power then it brings it back up to whatever you have it set to run at. If you want your 3930K multiplier to stay at the setting you config then either set your power management in Windows 7 to High performance or disable power management in Windows 7 altogether. Either way it will stop the x12 multiplier issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2