cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Gene Sound Drivers?

AStaley
Level 7
I've just ordered the Maximus V Gene and wanted to check which sound drivers etc I need to download. Do I need the Realtek HD drivers and the SB X-Fi Utility? What is it that this utility does, I presume it's just a control panel?

Thanks, AStaley.
AMD 5950X | Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB | ROG Strix 2080Ti | 1+2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | ROG Thor 850W | Strix Helios Case | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
1 REPLY 1

bikeman
Level 7
A description of the ASUS official website:The SupremeFX III™ onboard audio solution is an 8-channel HD audio equipped with a carefully selected 1500uF capacitor which provides clean, ripple-free audio power and – perfect for enveloping gaming environments. With a metallic EMI cover and special layout design on the PCB, advanced SupremeFX Shielding™ technology isolates analog audio signals from digital sources for exceptional clarity and high fidelity, while a gold-plated jack ensures rich notes reach your ears with minimal distortion.

A bounty of industry standards are supported, including EAX® 5.0 Advanced HD, Creative® ALchemy and THX® TruStudio™ PRO, so the same great audio experiences found in live performances, films and recording studios are reproduced faithfully right on the PC. When bundled with the Sound Blaster® X-Fi MB2 suite, the SupremeFX III™ is the perfect choice to provide an exceptional gaming experience with realistic sound effects.