cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Asus built

Retired
Not applicable
This is the first Asus mainboard ive ever used, and so far im happy with it. All ive used in the past was Gigabyte boards, but when my last board the x58A USB3R took a crap on me 25 days after i got it. i took it back to the vender and stepped up to the Rampage Extreme III. My current rig is listed in my sig and as you can see ive posted pics of what it looks like. ive managed to hit 29315 in 3dmak 06, 30993 on vantage, and 7586 on 3d Mark11. I am in the process of getting new ram im looking at the Ripjaws Series ram, o some Cosair Dominator, i got the OCZ am cause it was onsale and my wife was with me complaining about the prices.

Ive added on some additional cooling as an experiment but its worked out fine without the slightest hint of condensation.

With this pic i just installed m waterblock on my top 470 because the temps are in the mid to high 90s on most games. the bottom card barley hits the mid 80s.
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
is there AC blowing into the rig or just a duct hosed up to the window?

Retired
Not applicable
im pulling in air from outside where its winter out here. my radiator is a push pull, the duct on the side of the case is cut down to cover the entire bottom side intake with 2 fans pulling in air from the duct its self. the duct up to the window is has a dryer vent trap on it that i have since installing this has a manual release that holds it open when im using the system. ive been running it in this manner for over 2 months total with the current pics being the final set up for the past month. since im constantly changing or adding to my rig weekly i dont have any pics of the same setup all the time. however the only thing im left at doing here for the foseeable future is adding in 2 WD 1.5TB dives in RAID0, a third gtx 470 and 2 more waterblocks for those cards.