Level 7
The New n-Vidia drivers are up on the ASUS member site
5 REPLIES 5

tgmlab
Level 7

fuzon1337
Level 10
Thank you, that is good to know 🙂 It's also up for my notebook as well 🙂

Just to bad that I get issues with the latest driver, so I'll stay with 285.62 WHQL
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Performed a clean install with all the latest drivers available. Run Office 2010 and a few games such as Heroes 6 and Dungeon Seige 3 along with other software - Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 Ultra, Power2Go 8 Deluxe, PhotoDirector 3, MediaExpresso 6.5, Microsoft Security Essential, CCleaner and the only bloatware from ASUS is Power4Gear and LifeFrame3.

I feel very blessed that I have never encountered a single issue with my G74.

fuzon1337 wrote:
Thank you, that is good to know 🙂 It's also up for my notebook as well 🙂

Just to bad that I get issues with the latest driver, so I'll stay with 285.62 WHQL

I got 285.62 WHQL after updating from stock 259.34. The MPEG2 playback is now broken (black screen, only audio) in WMP 12 and Windows Media Center, too. You have the same problem which seems common in Nvidia forums?

I don't want to stick with current however hesitating to update to newest because of the problems people have reported.
ASUS G53JW-XA1

kimiraikkonen wrote:
I got 285.62 WHQL after updating from stock 259.34. The MPEG2 playback is now broken (black screen, only audio) in WMP 12 and Windows Media Center, too. You have the same problem which seems common in Nvidia forums?

I don't want to stick with current however hesitating to update to newest because of the problems people have reported.

I don't have any issues with 285.62.

But when I was trying out the new certified driver from Asus, then the screen started to get black screen when I closed a Tab in IE9, the "kernel mode stoped working" issue popped up. And not only that the screen was like... hmm how to explain... when you blink with your eyes then you see "black" for 0.01 second, sometimes that happend with the screen as well if you know what I mean.
Same with the latest BETA 301.xx from nVidia.... but I don't remember if the playback on WMP or WMC was corrupted.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205