cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme debug code 00

Xovius
Level 7
I have a Rampage IV Extreme motherboard and it's been running smoothly for a couple of months now but suddenly when I went to turn my computer on it wouldn't start and the debug light showed 00.
There is also another red led right of the 24pin plugin that lights up and I think it's marked "VTTDDR_CD"

Any help you could possibly give would be highly appreciated...

Specs:
HAF X
Rampage IV Extreme
Corsair 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) Vengeance
MSI GeForce N580GTX TWIN FROZR III
850W CoolerMaster Silent Pro
SSD: 120GB Corsair Solid State Drive Force 3 (OS)
HDD: Seagate 2TB (Storage)
2 Monitors

Edit:

Wrong picture in the attatchment.. was gonna put this one -> http://i.imgur.com/GMRKf.png
of the red led next to the 24 pin...

Forgot to mention, I have not really tried to overclock it myself but I tried the automatic overclock settings (gamer at 4.7 I think)
15 REPLIES 15

Xovius
Level 7
Please help me!

Xovius wrote:
Please help me!

I think it's the memory, check the dimms that they are firmly in place.

Otherwise, try clear CMOS.

It will restore your`s system.

Hello there, i encountered a similar problem last nite the computer went to bluescreen and shut itself off, it was pretty warm in my room when this occured so i instantly figured that some component must have overheated and were now broken. The computer started as usual i got the debug error "00", but my screen didnt light up, so i went about checking my GPU, Mems, PSU, HDS, CPU but everything seemed to work in my other computer. I also tried pulling out the battery to reset CMOS, when nothing worked i went online to read up what the debug error 00 stood for because the manual doesnt say much and i found this guys post.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3593-Error-debug-code-00-non-boot-possible-solution

He deservs all the credit, then i tried his way by pressing the Q-Reset switch and changeing the LN2 mode to off the debug window started counting up as it usually did before my problem occured. And now it works like a charm. Yes i also did some overclocking and i think that was the main reason why this problem happened. Hope this helps!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have you done a complete CMOS clear as yet?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Have you done a complete CMOS clear as yet?

Not sure... I have far too little of an idea of what I'm doing :S
I've tried that bios flashback thingy.. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12749-RIVE-BIOS-FlashBack&country=&status=
and that did nothing...

HiVizMan
Level 40
No problem my friend.

On the in/out panel there are two buttons. One is the Clear CMOS button you will need to have your system powered down and with all power connectors removed, unplug the PSU too.

If you are unsure of which button is which the user manul has a handy picture and guide on how to do a clear cmos too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Xovius
Level 7
Nope, nothing 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Remove all the hardware.

CPU everything just have the bare board.
Use the box it came in and put your motherboard on the box
Remove the battery
Press the power button for count of 5
Now press the CMOS Clear button on the IN/OUT panel for a slow count of 10
Leave your system over night or at least 12 hours.

Now put CPU back
One stick of ram in the slot the futherest away from the CPU
One graphic card
no Hdd
Mouse and Keyboard
Connect power to the VGA
Connect 12v to the motherboard (use both please)
Connect the 24 pin to the motherboard
Connect your PSU to the mains
Power on.
Your system should now work.

If not.

If you are feeling brave you can remove both the BIOS chips and swap them around. I have heard that has fixed the problem.

Or

RMA the board

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
Wow eh don't know how a board can be reset without a power supply... I can try this but i'll use this tip extremely last cos it's looks extreme

12 hours over night? Sorry it doesn't seem to conpute... I'm a novice in the overclocking department... so I'm not sure how is 12 hours gonna make differences.

And sorry if comments was offense but I'm just inquiring how it works... >,<; :confused:

Thanks for feedback..
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000