Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Indeed ... hopefully ... (this instance is sickening and a prime example of what is broken .. )
    You know this better than most also ..
    There is a transition .. let it happen .. is all im saying ..
    and .. I see them cleaning this up one at a time, done well, move on ...

Just watch this .. at the least .. and then ... proceed from there.

Do you think for a second that they dont know that although we Love
    this equipment .. that we are Sick of this ... and ALL of us know that Intel
    boards for example ... next day ... no excuse ..

EDIT ::: This unit was purchased in the UK. They have very strict laws involving
    commerce and consumers. This has to be handled through there.
    So... Who is the (UK) Mason ? and can someone explain how if in the UK..
    governed by UK Law .. Holland offers Euros ? (for curiousity sake?)

Yep .. call The Mason .. (the US one cant help "This time.")
    Meet on the Level-Leave on the Square. United Global Masons.
    (OP-just hang in there-work in progress)
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 04-28-2012 at 11:39 AM.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

In http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status= the Holland center did provide a G74SX replacement for a user's faulty G53. I wonder why they are giving @mundee such a hard time, particularly since they offered such a replacement and then withdrew the offer?
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

G73jw

I have the same computer and im struggeling with the HD lagspikes problem.

I was so happy when getting SD28, and still i had lag.

So no its going to the repair center.
    I had to force flash it back to SD26 to make it usable.

The way i see it, this was a defect from the HD manufacturer(Maxtor/Seagate), and its up to them to fix it.
    The momentus disks have had this problem ever since i got the machine, and now im sick of struggeling with it.

And so im hopefully getting it replaced with a new preupdated one.

Moral to the story is, dont give up!
    Though in Norway we have pretty good consumer rights and even after the two year manifacturer warranty we still have a right to complain for another 3 years, because a laptop is supposed to last longer the Norwegian government have stated.

Keep on fighting

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array fuzon1337's Avatar

Hi @CreeVal

If you had the issue since you bought your notebook, why didn't you got back to the reseller and exchanged it for a new unit? You shouldn't have issues right out of box when you buy an such expensive notebook.

Is your notbook at the repair center now?
    Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
    - Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
    - BIOS 205

ROG Member Array

No...

its not at the repair center right now, but i have ordered a repair for it an will probably recive a postnote next week.

Besides i actually won the computer, full warranty though, so since i actually didnt pay for it i wanted to try and fix it my self.
    And it worked great for a while, then the lagspikes came along, i updated to SD25, didnt help. Contacted Maxtor(at the time) got SD26 and everything worked.

Turns out the SD26 update cuts out the SSD section of the disk, therefore im not getting full advantage of my PC.
    So updated to SD28, and all hell broke lose again. Force flashed it back to SD26 as i said just to make it usable again.

So ive contacted the company (CDon.com) and they are allways happy to help. So thank god for that.

I know i should have done something about it earlier, but i honestly did think that Maxtor/Seagate would do something about it within reasonable time.

A well.. Maybe i'll get one plate HD and one SSD if im lucky

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

I recently saw a N71-JQ turned into a G74 right before my very eyes also.. Im scratching my head as to
    the logic of this OP's saga without the specifics of the merits.

HQ stepped in there. Perhaps a 'last resort' Conflict Resolution contact from HQ. A Global Mason.
    End this bleeding once and for All.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 04-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.

ROG Member Array

Well its about time for an update: Before i start i would like to thank Mason who has very kindly offered to look into the case even though im way out of his area.

Ok so as of Friday i recieved yet another email from Holland ignoring all my questions regarding the handling of the case. So i decided to try once more... here is the transcript of my email.

Hi Patrick
    Many thanks for your reply. I would like if possible that this case can be esculated to senior managment to deal with as we are at an impasse. I am more then happy to see what the offer in euros is although i still cannot understand why a UK based customer should have to deal with conversions of currency in to something usable. My research has already shown me that i will be unable to replace the laptop with a like for like model for the same money now due to tax increases etc which leaves me finacially worse off. During a visit yesterday to the biggest Pc supplier in the uk i was quoted almost £1800 for a similar spec machine.
    i am not happy how this case has been handled and would also like to be provided with details of your complaints prodcedure and relevent contact telephone details and address in the UK to write too regarding the handling of this case. Its nothing personal against yourself as im sure you have done the best you can. But to still be debating what to do after 8 weeks is preposterous and a solution to this issue should have been fortcoming alot sooner.

Many thanks

12 hours later at about 2am i recieved an email (and auto send one) to say you email wont be read untill tuesday) what is amusing about that is its the fastest response ive had from Asus support during the entire case.

Tuesday came and went with no email but i was rewarded on wednesday with another reply which i will copy below.

Hi Chance,

No problem.

The address is below:

AsusTek U.K. LTD.

Complaints Department

1st floor Hemel One

Boundary way

Hemel Hempstead

HP2 7YU

The below link will direct you to the complaints form. If you fill in United Kingdom it will go directly to the correct complaints department.

http://vip.asus.com/eservice/cus_suggest.aspx

If I escalate it for the Buy Back and it is approved (if 100%) it would be the amount that was paid for it at that time.

I will check with management if they have received the escalation from the support as well.

So out of the questions i asked in my previous email. 1 (the complaints address) was answered. Still no telephone number to talk to anyone. And the offer of a 100% buy back on my laptop is now an if %100. SO they could after all this leave me with out a laptop and then offer me half price back? The questions regarding passing it on to management was ignored yet again. I am a pretty laid back guy and deal with companies most days of week and in all my years ive never ever been met with such utter (i cant even think of a word to describe it) service. What really anoys me about this is i can call a UK support number and be given no help what so ever. I cannot talk to the people dealing with the case. The person actually dealing with it wont pass it on to management but yet i can complain in writing to a UK address. The inland revenue are the only other company in the UK that make it as difficult as possible to actually talk to someone. 4 and a half days i waited for a reply and that was it. Ive now decided though that im not going to just let this go away. Someone will listen to me and deal with this. Im not going to tar every employee of Asus with the same brush as Mason has been most helpful but from my experience so far the customer service and deliberate way they company hides its staff from actaully having to talk to customers is just plain wrong.

Any suggestions would be most welcome
    thanks Guys

Here in the states, local TV news stations will sometimes have a troubleshooter reporter who investigates customer complaints. These guys get results for the customer and report it in a news segment. You might do some research and see if you can find an analog in the UK.

It does seem like a system designed to wear the customer down so they will eventually accept whatever is offered to get on with their lives, as opposed to one with a goal of customer satisfaction. However, they haven't stated they WON'T offer you a 100% refund. If they do end up offering 100%, will that be satisfactory?
    Last edited by dstrakele; 05-03-2012 at 12:05 AM.

ROG Member Array

In relation to the buy back. a refund of what i paid for it will actually leave me worse off.

I bought the laptop whilst living in Canada for $1800 i think it was.. and since then have moved back to the UK
    a replacement of the laptop in the UK is just under £1800. $1800 dollors converts to about £1130 so i would be left with no laptop and not enough money to replace it with a like for like model. I hope that makes sense. And thats if they even actually offer the 100 percent buy back which they have in previous emails. But stupidly the offer with be enither in Canadian $ or English £ it will be Euro.

What about the earlier offer to replace your G73 with a G74SX? The G74's have better spec's than the G73's and all models have a USB 3.0 port. Or were you forced to purchase another system to get on with your work and no longer want a replacement system?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast