Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    What about the earlier offer to replace your G73 with a G74SX? The G74's have better spec's than the G73's and all models have a USB 3.0 port. Or were you forced to purchase another system to get on with your work and no longer want a replacement system?
    They never came through with the offer as the machine they had to offer did not have a usb 3.0 port(This is according to the member of staff) This was after they told me my machine did not have one either. I did send them a spec sheet from the Asus website showing my model DID have a usb 3.0 port and that the replacement SHOULD have one also. I was told this wasnt the case and they would wait for stock...which like the parts never arrived.

This is why im starting to go slightly insane. I would never buy a gaming laptop again to be honest. way to much hassle when something goes wrong. At least with a desktop. swaping out a board doesnt leave you without a machine for months at a time.

ROG Member Array

The plot now thickens... today i have recieved another email offering me the same machine i was offered before. The amazing thing is it has now sprouted a usb 3.0 port. So im now back where i was a month ago... But now according to the email they wish to resolve this quickly now. and have even offered to throw some extra memory in. Thats a start at least. If an Asus member of staff from this forum Mason maybe has stepped in and pulled some strings i am thankfull for the assistance. I will keep updating this thread untill it is resolved.
    Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. With out this forum im sure i would still be no where near a resolution.
    Last edited by mundee; 05-05-2012 at 11:27 PM.

ROG Member Array

I am still in dispute with Asus UK/Holland over this.. Taking legal advice now as they are messing me around repeatedly... One positive thing is Mason has been trying to help and that means that all you guys in the US have someone to rely on if something goes wrong. Sadly us UK people are not so lucky...

ROG Member Array

It now looks like i will have to proceed down the Court action route. As i have been unable to get a sensible offer from Asus regarding a replacement or a refund. More agravation that i didnt need and has put the nail in the coffin of me ever purchasing anything Asus based again.
    Disgusted by the UK and Europe based service. Mason aside (who by the way has been nothing short of amazing) but he is US based so count yourselfs lucky US based people. It could be so much worse for you in Europe

ROG Enthusiast Array

Wish you the best of luck, and hopefully you get a happy outcome to all of the issues you've been having !

ROG Member Array

Over 100 days now and still no settlement from ASUS. Court proceedings will be started as soon as i can afford to pay to take them to court. (Thats the great Irony. I have to pay to take them to court to get my money back) Have replaced the laptop now with another brand. Gutted really as ive been an Avid Asus Customer for well over 10 years and now they will never have anything out of me again. I appriciate the Help Mason has given me and he has gone way above and beyond what he needed to do as its not his problem and not in his juristiction but i WARN anyone who lives in the UK buy ASUS at your peril. A Two year warranty thats not worth the paper its printed on.

ROG Member Array

This update has no relevence to the on going case at all...but i would like to just say a massive thankyou to all the people on this forum that have made me feel welcome and send me Pm's asking how the case is going and checking that everythings ok.
    This is what a decent community is about and i am extremely thankful for everyones advice and input on this case. I wish personally i had found out about this forum BEFORE i had a problem because i would have been an active member supporting the Asus Brand. I feel guilty about coming on to here and pointing out all the things that Asus have done wrong when i am just 1 person in a sea of millions of sales and happy customers. I also know that many many people have had happy resolutions when problems have arisen and im in the 1 percent of people that slip through the cracks.
    I cannot praise enough the Asus Staff that make themselves available via this forum to help out answer questions and generally put themselves in the fireing line when im sure they dont need to do this.
    Although ive now purchased a rival brands laptop to use through necessity as after 100+ days without one i needed to do something i still hope that i will be welcome to post on this forum.

ROG Member Array

Will have a big update by next friday on this case....Something is finally happening. 118 days later

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Well it's about time .. This should have been resolved LONG AGO. Sorry Asus, this time you dropped the ball.

@mundee .. NOTHING will replace 118 days of Frustration [ That you somehow kept in check. Cudos. ]
    @Least This will be Finis.c.

New ROGer Array

Poor Service

I had an old ASUS laptop that lasted me a while but when it did start playing up I must say their service really let them down (I am in Australia). My flatmates both bought G73s models a while back and have had some spike n lag issues (one worse than the other) but overall they have been good machines but the customer service with ASUS just seems pathetic.

I had planned to purchase a G75VW next week but after reading the forums on them I will be looking elsewhere I think

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast