cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU INIT 00 after BIOS 1305 Update R4F_BF3E

-_MrG_-
Level 7
Updated BIOS to 1305. Reason for update was the hope to get CPU fan speed fixed, which always was running in turbo mode regardless of settings in BIOS or via ASUS software. After reboot windows 7 64bit was working for about 10 minutes and then it froze. Hit reset button, nothing happened: no screen at all, fans are spinning, led's are lit.Opened case, POST indicator at right top displays 00 (which states "not used" according to manual. Installed ROG Connect on laptop. Then connected motherboard with white cable from motherboards box to the laptop, pushed ROG Connect button and software from laptop could connect to motherboard. Started RC poster and RC Remote. RC Poster displays 4 zeros (0000) with CPU init message. Shut off power and removed all parts, except for CPU with cooler, video-card and 1 memory module in DIMM_A1 slot. No changes - still 0000 in software and 00 on motherboard. Switched to second BIOS still no go. Disconnecting power cables and removing battery from motherboard for about one hour didn't help either. So, at this point I'm out of options. Very disappointed.
No any kind of overclocking or stress-tests were done to this build, because it was fast enough just from the box, and was stable on previous BIOS. By the way, PC parts were purchased for about a month ago.
Core i7-3820
ASUS Rampage IV Formula BF3 Edition
Corsair Vengeance DDR3,1866-16GB KIT
EVGA GeForce GTX580 SC
Corsair Hydro H60 CPU Cooler
2 x Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD's in RAID0
Corsair AX750 PSU
PLEASE ADVICE. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

R4E3960X
Level 10
Flash your BIOS with 1202 better. :cool:
Intel Core i7 3960X 😮 C2 SR0KF 😮 @3.3GHz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BIOS 3602 03/15/2013 16 GB GSKILL ZL 9-9-9-24-1T @1600MHz Quad Channel HIS HD7979 1050MHz GPU 1500MHz DDR5 120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SATA 6Gbps ASUS 24X DVD Corsair AX750 WINDOWS 8 PRO X64 6.2.9200.16384 RELEASE😮

crezzlin
Level 7
Sorry to jump in, I have a problem getting ocz vertex 3 working as a single drive, or raid.. Is there anything I need to change in bios apart from boot order and IDE etc.. Just I noticed you guys have them with the extreme IV board aswell.. Thank.. Oh and I had to flash my bios twice to fixa boot error problem,.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Boot your SSD with AHCI for the sata setting.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.